[Request] Subforum for Components

netefu

Yo nuhi

I forget about the components after a couple of months when I don't play with NTLite. Then I need to remember what they are about and what gets broken when I remove them. (I take notes but they get outdated)

I find myself having to go thru the same try and fail approach everytime I'm trying to make a lite ISO. I'd just like to have a directory showing people's experience with them.

So a subforum would be nice.

A subforum called 'Components' where there is a thread for each main component! So the information about them wouldn't be so scattered.
We don't need threads for sub-components as we can easily discuss them on the main component's thread.

Just an idea to think about & improve upon.
Thank you for your work.

Yo Tru... netefu,

while the idea is not bad, I think it's difficult to search through that noise, much simpler is sending me a message/post/email:
"please add needed for x in the component's y description".
I would quickly confirm and add it for the next update, that way the information is easily accessible for all.

Also if many components are needed for the same functionality, a compatibility option can be created for it.

Soon will start adding tags to all of the components, something along the lines "safe, moderate, critical", which will make it much simpler to e.g. start with all safe unchecked, then return 1 and uncheck 5 more moderate ones that you know of and done.
Will try my best not to ever change those tags as time goes, especially in the downwards direction (critical->safe), those changes would be added to the changelog.

Back