"select os" even with only 1 option?

themodfather

I have "Select which operating system you want" even though I only have 1 option (windows 10 pro) - this is in VMware, haven't tried in the actual computer yet.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
question no1 - if you install in MBR mode, not in UEFI mode, and you only have 2 drives and only 2 partitions in total, c drive and install drive, either usb key or dvd drive, then the 2nd drive will be D:

if you install in UEFI mode uefi creates multiple partitions, i dont know if they will all have a drive letter assigned or not.
if you have multiple drives/multiple partitions or install in uefi more there is command code to search for all availible drives, i cant remember what is is though.

what you can do for all these situations is to copy files/folders over to the c: drive is by using the $OEM$ folders method.

George King you beat me too it

Yup thanks, I found the $OEM$ folder thing and I will probably just do that. Thank you.

The OS selection thing is annoying me. Definitely not a huge deal, but I wish I could fix it.

Yup thanks, I found the $OEM$ folder thing and I will probably just do that. Thank you.

to place a folder at the root of c: drive during installation use
Code:
$OEM$\$1\install
install being your folder with your files inside. dont forget to use silent switches if you prefer silent installs.

Code:
$OEM$\$$\
will place files and folders inside c:\windows\

Thanks, I see that, but is there a way to stop the prompt for editions of Windows even though I only have 1 in the list?

This is also happening to me. I believe it is due to the latest changes in NTLite with unattended options. In build 7742 and earlier this never occurred.

This is a job for nuhi

You can work around this temporarily by editing the autounattend.xml

In:

XML:
<InstallFrom>
    <MetaData wcm:action="add">
        <Key>/IMAGE/INDEX</Key>
        <Value>0</Value>
    </MetaData>
</InstallFrom>

Change the 0 to 1.

themodfather and AeonX, do you really get that prompt (index value 0) with the current version, build 7760?
If so, can I get your preset and if you have info which exact image to test it on.

Thanks.

Yes nuhi I use version 2.1.0.7760 and it happens.

I loaded Pro with en_windows_10_consumer_editions_version_1909_updated_dec_2020_x64_dvd_352851c3.iso and Enterprise with en_windows_10_business_editions_version_1909_updated_dec_2020_x64_dvd_29b7f2e9.iso.

My last test was with Enterprise but in both cases it happens.

My preset is attached.

Attachments

• Win10-1909-Lite.xml
    55.1 KB
Thanks AeonX, it was the boot.wim trimming at the same time as install.wim, reducing the targeted image index beyond scope.
OK, fixed and uploaded in a build 7770, let me know how it goes.

Back