Separate keyboard and mouse drivers

Necrosaro

There are quite a few drivers in both keyboard and mouse. They are all connected together which makes removing one removes all. Anyway we can get them separated a bit? Thanks

might be handy for the ms published cpu drivers aswell, my (w7)ms cpu(.inf) says it has a VIA cpu driver aswell as intel and amd files. who uses a via cpu these days? some users might just want to keep either the intel or amd files.

Last edited:
There's just a handful of keyboard and mouse drivers, but they're shared across multiple hardware id's and NTLite is only reporting which models are supported by the same driver INF. Since most USB keyboards and mice are mostly generic, the lists are fairly long.

You're not saving that much space by removing them, compared to say the bloat from graphics drivers.

You're not saving that much space by removing them
if you could split all the ms published drivers, i remove 3rd party published anyway, you probably wouldnt get close to 100mb saving but you know what people are like, some like to go to the bone. if it is possible, more people would do it.

personally i wouldnt go that far and editing inf's is wayyyy above my pay grade.

Last edited:
Back