Silent install HP Support Assistant 9

ruben.pecellin

Hello!
Since they changed to version 9 the HP Support Assistant app won't let me install it. Before I used /s /v /qn . It says that HP Support Assistant 8 requires .NET Framework 4.5 or later and supposedly I have it added by commands as well.

/s will install it with minimal display, as i have just installed it on mine. /s /v /qn has done absolutely nothing neither has /v /qn

as to the whole net framework issue i would suggest re-installing the net framework first just in case and install the hpsa with just /s . that is the only way i could get it to install in any form of silent context on mine

I haven't checked if HP fixed any of their stupid installer issues.

Chocolatey's web site is a great way to cheat on silent installs. Search on "[app] chocolatey" and find the matching app build.
Expand the Files arrow, and click on Show "tools\chocolateyinstall.ps1". The installer flags are obvious to find, and generally correct.

/s will install it with minimal display, as i have just installed it on mine. /s /v /qn has done absolutely nothing neither has /v /qn

as to the whole net framework issue i would suggest re-installing the net framework first just in case and install the hpsa with just /s . that is the only way i could get it to install in any form of silent context on mine
Work!! Can I configure it to have a direct access to the desktop like other apps?

it installs the app and leaves the shortcut on the desktop. i have checked it 3 times, the question mark icon that is made on the desktop is the shortcut
No, it still doesn't show up. The strange thing is that I don't see Google Drive either. Is it possible to anchor it to the bottom bar with some command?

not that i'm aware of. i don't know how you are not getting the shortcut because it is automatically creating one when i do it. maybe someone else here can advise better on the pinning to taskbar.

as for the google drive issue ....... absolutely no idea, i've never used google drive

not that i'm aware of. i don't know how you are not getting the shortcut because it is automatically creating one when i do it. maybe someone else here can advise better on the pinning to taskbar.

as for the google drive issue ....... absolutely no idea, i've never used google drive
Muchas gracias!

I know it doesn't answer your question, but another idea is to not install the HP Support Assistant. It's a completely optional driver finder, and all the drivers can be found manually on their site anyway (and some also in Windows Update).

Companies create these "helper" products because it adds another layer of data tracking and upsells (offering HP ink, etcetera). Plus they don't continue updating their drivers for very long either, so the support assistant loses purpose fast after about the first year your new desktop or laptop was released.

We used for users to talk to HP Care and get their PCs repaired OnSite,(warranty dates, number to call and the data they need to provide to technical support)

Back