[Solved] Adobe Premiere Pro 2021 and 2022 freezing with splash screen

Alt68er

Hi all,

I'm running Windows 11 (with all latest updates) NTlited according to the attached file.

Now I installed first Premiere 2022 and upon starting it froze while showing the splash screen. No loading progress shown at all. My first idea was that the 2022 version needs a different hardware/driver or so and so i restarted from scratch and then installed the 2021 version which ran smoothly before (but I'm not sure if it ran in Windows 10 or in Windows 11). But now it showed the same problem like the 2022.

To make sure that no other software is in conflict with Premiere I restored a drive image with the naked (but NTlited) Win11 installation and got the same problems.
Then I tried it with a drive image with a full Win11 installation (NOT NTlited) and there both Premiere versions were running smothly...

MY QUESTION: could someone of you experts have a look onto my attached saved session file and perhaps tell me which item could cause the freezing of Premiere so that I can create a new NTlited Windows 11 iso?

1000 and more thanks in advance for your help ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Regards,
Peter

Attachments

• Automatisch gespeicherte Sitzung 0f3475e9 - ohne user.xml
    30.7 KB
Thank you for your comment, but unfortunately I don't understand it.

You mean that Premiere is missing the Windows fonts I removed with NTlite?

I cannot believe that cause Premiere was running well under an older Windows installation (i don't remember still Win10 or Win11 already) where I removed exactly all the same fonts...

Any other ideas ???

This is the only older one I am still having. But most probably it was the one under which Premiere 2021 was running very well.

Hope you can find a hint by comparing....

Attachments

• Win10 {E2BBBB8F-C463-4A8D-AD61-1AC3D263A5DA} - ohne user.xml
    32.6 KB
hi it seems you removed these fonts as extra

<c>font_arialblack 'Arial Black'</c>
<c>font_microsoftsansserif 'Microsoft Sans Serif'</c>
<c>font_system 'System'</c>

try these first, then we can check for others if it doesnt work.

Sorry, but there must be a misunderstanding:

The fonts you are mentioning were removed in the Win10.......xml and in THAT installation Premiere 2021 was running well.

But the current xml-file (attached to my initial posting) does not remove these fonts. So that cannot be the reason for not running.

Or do you mean, that I shall remove these fonts from my current installation???

no don't remove them :) i looked at the wrong side then try to keep these instead

<c>font_segoe_ui_variable 'Segoe UI Variable'</c>
<c>font_symbol 'Symbol'</c>
<c>font_consolas 'Consolas'</c>

its possibly the segoe UI variable.

Reinstallation of Segoe UI Variable did not help.
Then also reinstalled Symbol and Consolas. No change.

More ideas ???

In the meantime I also "played" with the Media Player, the Codec and the individual files, i.e. first I kept the 2 individual files only, no change. Then I kept the Codec, no change; and finally I kept these and the complete Media Player, still no change.

I fear I have to create a lot of NTlite-versions of Win11 to find out why Premiere does not start.

Or - this idea just came into my mind - does anyone of you know (and can explain it to me) I can monitor the strt of Premiere to see where it is running into something which prevents it from starting?

I would use ProcMon (Process Monitor) from Sysinternals.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon

Run as Administrator. Click on the square "corners" icon in toolbar (3rd from left) to start/stop logging.

procmon-main.png

Now add a Filter rule:

[Menu] Filter -> Filter
Process Name -> contains -> Premiere -> then Include -> Add

ProcMon.png

Click on the square "corners" icon to begin logging. Run Premiere, and wait until it freezes.
Stop logging, and look for recent files. It's probably a ton of lines, but it's your best bet to finding out what it wants.

OT - W7 users, don't upgrade to Sysinternals Suite (Jan 2022) if you want ProcMon working. They broke the process monitor driver.
Stay with Dec Oct 2021 release or earlier.

Last edited:
MarkR is worried that old versions with known security issues will be downloaded.
Which is a fair point but sometimes you absolutely need a specific version. They shouldnt have broken the driver in the first damn place.

Last edited:
Thanks for your hints. I'll try now DependencyWalker and/or ProcessMonitor.
If that doesn't help I'll do a clean/full Win11 install and then Premiere. Then I'll run Live removals in small batches and see what will happen...

Back