[Solved] - Setup not finding NVMe SSD

ktc1

Hello, and thanks in advance for any help you can provide. I am using NTLite for the first time. Creating the bootable flash drive using RUFUS. My problem (at least so far) is that the USB drive starts the setup, but stops when it can't find a drive to install to. I have done the following:

1. Turned off secure boot
2. Recreated the iso and drive if the event of some error
3. Tried the flash drive on multiple machines, no difference
4. Clicked Load Driver but unable to find any drivers on the flash drive
5. Tried reading drivers from the Win10 legal disc, but the CD drive is not being seen

NTLite is indicating that drivers are included in the WIM file. Again, any help would be very much appreciated. Since this is my first attempt, hopefully something simple I am missing.

Regards

Hi,

We don't know what Windows version you are trying to install. Also would be nice to include NTLite preset to see more details what you did with your image.

Hi George,

Thank you for the reply. I am using Win10 Pro as the setup machine and also the new deployment machine. Attached is my preset xml file and the hardware list.

Attachments

• Auto-saved session {AE2EF6DF-99E0-4A00-9A8D-B1CBF0B6DA83}.xml
    11 KB
  • hwlist_DESKTOP-Q06VPFM.xml
    63.6 KB
I checked your preset and it seems really good for install.wim as you don't used removals..

Just try to load boot.wim and import missing drivers from installed system too.
Just import all, then "Remove unused" and then manualy clean drivers selection for integration to keep only Chipset, USB, MassStorage drivers.
For example, these drivers from your preset. And you can see many entries for same drivers, like ibtusb.inf just manually clean import list to keep only one driver with latest build. Do this for install.wim too to get smaller image, you don't need multiple versions of same driver.

Code:
        <File>host_imported\cannonlake-hsystem.inf_amd64_2e141eedb6982ebb\cannonlake-hsystem.inf</File>
        <File>host_imported\cannonlake-hsystemthermal.inf_amd64_c98b90538310250a\cannonlake-hsystemthermal.inf</File>
        <File>host_imported\coffeelakesystem.inf_amd64_e332dbefa69fd95b\coffeelakesystem.inf</File>
        <File>host_imported\iastorac.inf_amd64_86dc7f4c001ddecd\iastorac.inf</File>
        <File>host_imported\iastorhsa_ext.inf_amd64_2b0a68cb3de8a56a\iastorhsa_ext.inf</File>
        <File>host_imported\iastorhsacomponent.inf_amd64_752500b3ebfb3e4f\iastorhsacomponent.inf</File>
        <File>host_imported\iastorpinningcomponent.inf_amd64_b840211aa1b1b9ff\iastorpinningcomponent.inf</File>
        <File>host_imported\ibtusb.inf_amd64_41d3a5049d30b769\ibtusb.inf</File>
        <File>host_imported\ibtusb.inf_amd64_b9506ba89bf1aa17\ibtusb.inf</File>
        <File>host_imported\ibtusb.inf_amd64_0b3a93610c17deca\ibtusb.inf</File>
        <File>host_imported\ibtusb.inf_amd64_b45bba99c1e61776\ibtusb.inf</File>
        <File>host_imported\ibtusb.inf_amd64_65164757e9ea8b7b\ibtusb.inf</File>
        <File>host_imported\ibtusb.inf_amd64_f52769bf8c8a449a\ibtusb.inf</File>
        <File>host_imported\ibtusb.inf_amd64_27a8921124119cfa\ibtusb.inf</File>
        <File>host_imported\ibtusb.inf_amd64_50f1baec3a8ae399\ibtusb.inf</File>

I am getting this message when trying to load .wim. Any idea what is causing it and how to get around it so that I can make it an unattended install?

1624386013252.png

You loaded installed system instead of WIM.

Here you can see what I did, I modified my install.wim - integrated updates and drivers and some removals too. But I have processed boot.wim index 2 - Windows Setup to be sure I can install it on my machine without problems.
1624387411564.png

Last edited:
Hi George,

Just to follow up as I mentioned I would. My problem turned out to be that BitLocker had been turned on by the reseller, then turned off, but not all steps were completed to turn it off. That was preventing seeing the ssd when booting up with the usb.

Thank you very much for all of you help. Really appreciated.

There is no solved button for now, basically you could edit the topic title.
Add something like [Solved] infront of the existing one.

Btw do let me know if you cannot find a drive in the future, but make sure the non-edited ISO is behaving differently in identical situation, like Rufus preparation and such.

Back