Some drivers not listed on insertion

357mag

It does not show my drivers. I wanted to select two drivers from the x64 folder. I selected the first one and that showed up in the NTLite interface. When I navigated to my drive to select the second one, NTLite refused to show it.

I even copied those two drivers in a separate folder called My Drivers. Again NTLite would not show the drivers. Look at the screenshot.

Attachments

• Exhibit A.jpg
    Exhibit A.jpg
    106.4 KB
Hi,

I would need those drivers to check on, then I can comment.

Thanks.

Btw changed your title to something more appropriate.

I think my DVD drive arrives today so at this point I'm not going to mess with trying to install Windows 7 from a flash drive.

I still have problems. I made a new custom install disk using NTLite for Windows 7 and burned it to DVD. I plugged in an external DVD drive and booted my laptop from it. But I still got the same error message about required device driver missing.

I really do not want to install Windows 7 as it comes from Microsoft. I love using NTLite to customize my installation but I'm having a hell of a time getting it installed.

it is not enough just to integrated the drivers in the install.wim
but they also have to be integrated in the boot.wim

it is not enough just to integrated the drivers in the install.wim
but they also have to be integrated in the boot.wim
OK, thanks for the info, probably the SATA controller wasn't included in the Win7 default boot.wim set.
Btw here is a nice guide for integration, highlighting the Apply - Image tasks - "Image Process queue" portion to simplify and automate boot.wim integration in one go.

OK, thanks for the info, probably the SATA controller wasn't included in the Win7 default boot.wim set.
Btw here is a nice guide for integration, highlighting the Apply - Image tasks - "Image Process queue" portion to simplify and automate boot.wim integration in one go.

That page looks way too complicated. There must be a simpler way to put drivers in the boot.wim folder.

That page looks way too complicated. There must be a simpler way to put drivers in the boot.wim folder.
Not all steps are necessary, he just shows how to delete the existing driver first.

Load Install.wim edition
Add driver to the Drivers page
Go to the Apply page and enable Image Task to propagate Integrate Drivers to boot.wim as well
Process

Internal sata drives use either ide or sata/ahci drivers. External dvd drives(with asata drive) use a sata/usb bridge driver, its already in a w7 image as they are usually plug n play, i cant remember its name though. Open Device Manager, sort by Connection and you should find it.

You should be ablle to drag and drop inf files or folders containing single or multiple infs(each with their own subfolder). Dont know for certain, havnt added drivers for a few years.

Last edited:
When the time comes for me to make a new custom install disk and I decide to integrate some drivers with it, I will come back here and I anticipate having some questions. I've decided to send my laptop back so I will not be monkeying with a custom install disk for that computer.

Tried it again. Still not working. I added the specific two drivers on the main page and then I went to the Add page and checked the boxes next to Windows PE and something similar that also said boot.wim.

These drivers did not show up on the main page either when I added them.

The drivers are called iusbhub.sys and iusb3xhc.sys

Tried it again. Still not working. I added the specific two drivers on the main page and then I went to the Add page and checked the boxes next to Windows PE and something similar that also said boot.wim.

These drivers did not show up on the main page either when I added them.

The drivers are called iusbhub.sys and iusb3xhc.sys
Let's continue here.

Back