Speech Recognition remove and Telemetry

ultraform

Hi
I have "Speech Recognition" under Accessibility in Start menu, its have been there as long i can remember in previous version of NTlite. Only very long time ago after a created iso with Ntlite it was gone but what I did to remove it i dont know :O .

And i cant find option to remove "Telemetry and Tracking Service"
before if you added/ integrate KB3125574 and like (KB4038803 Monthly Rollup) the restart NTlite
and under "remoting and Privacy" you culd remove Telemetry. Is this function gone or have microsoft removed there Telemetry in there updates ?

This have been when used Windows 7.
// greetings

W7 with 3125574, NTLite 5622 beta.

Components - Multimedia - Speech Recognition/Speech TTS
Components - Remoting and Privacy - Diagnostics and Troubleshooting - Unified Telemetry Client(Asimov)

I would also remove

Components - Remoting and Privacy - CEIP(SQM) and
Components - Remoting and Privacy - Windows Biometric Service

Edit - If using W10 i would also remove Geo Location, i dont know its Display name in Components or what section it its, most likely in Remoting and Privacy, if not, use the search box :).

There may also be some settings on the Users and Local Machine pages too.

Last edited:
I updated my iso with 3125574, saved and rebuld etc. 2nd run i did the removals and all removed correctly and did not show again in Components after reload. I bareboned that build and those components were removed. 5622 is the build before 5625. Im gonna have to leave this one to Nuhi now :).

Actually, if you are worried abvout Telemetry etc, Ivau(on the old forum) was very helpfull when i was setting up Windows Firewall Control to block Everything except browser.
-->Link to topic<-- Our chit chat started on page 3. :)

@nuhi
Hi here is one off the preset. But I tried different things with update KB3125574-v4 /Securitt Monthly Quality Roll up Kb4041681 and without. I tried make a new preset frome scratch and not used one frome a older version of NTlite. But i have this Speech Recognition leftover as long I can remember :O

and here is a screenshot frome the live install windows.

You have voice recognition ticked (to keep) and text to speech converter unticked (for removal).

I read and compared your preset with my preset, there is left <c>speechcommon 'Voice recognition'</c> in your preset.xml.

Telemetry is included in Cumulative updates (i think it is well known for many people), i don't think it is included in quality rollups (a few days ago i integrated 7 updates without cumulative and there wasn't Telemetry.

What i see weird, is that is not in your NTLite screenshot.

Is there someone that Speech Recognition remove work for ? I tried removed everything that NTlite can remove but it was stil there, Maybe it is needed for something ?

Is there someone that Speech Recognition remove work for ? I tried removed everything that NTlite can remove but it was stil there, Maybe it is needed for something ?

Have you updated NTLite?

Have you cleaned your old created iso?

When i build a new slimmed iso, i try to use other name, dir location or delete the old iso file when even if i use other name (NTLite replaces the old one but if wanted to keep one for any reason, i do), make sure that your virtual machine isn't loading an old ISO.

I have always removed speech recognition in 7 and 10.

This is the preset I used on v1.5.0.5930.. When i load up in "Live Install" it dosnt show up either :/
Is the files that are in here that are to Speech Recognition "C:\Windows\Speech\Common" ??

Attachments

• Auto-saved session {3DFBEFD4-5F66-4182-999C-1B4D53563C87}.xml
    54.2 KB
@ultraform, Speech Recognition component is detected by the existence of:
C:\Windows\Speech\Engines
directory on the image or live install.
Do you delete that folder manually? By default it's there.
In the meantime you can of course create that manually and the tool will show the component, then try cleaning it by removing.

Back