Starting a new Win7 image from old ntlite image?

elmo37

Hi! Im just wondering if i can still use my old image built with ntlite to start a new image integrating windows updates and new drivers for our new PCs? Or do i need to start from scratch again and reintegrate all the drivers and updates ? The image i built sometime last year is still working fine on older CPU but lacks necessary drivers for the newer PC. Thanks in advance.

elmo37, if it's just the drivers, you can integrate onto the existing image.
However, it is always recommended to get the latest updates, then it is best to start from the scratch.
That is why the preset is there, to make it simple to remake images.
Also the new update downloader feature makes it simple to update too.

thanks for the quick response. i didnt save a preset of my image and i already forgot what i did back then thats why im thinking of salvaging my old image. hahaha.

can you also point me on how to integrate usb 3.0 drivers for latest intel processors? do i need to do this before building the image? thanks!

To integrate drivers you have to integrate them into the boot.wim "microsoft windows setup" and the install wim.
They must be extracted and not an executable package.
Load your install wim and go to the Drivers page.
On the Apply page, in the left hand pane, you get an option to repeat anything for the loaded image into other editions if they exist in the source and to the boot wim too.

Back