Steam launcher on Windows 7 lite

rl220404

I've been using windows 7 since last year and I've never had any problems before until this month, but steam started having problems like taking a long time to open the launcher, the store on black screen, the profile too, after a long time of opening the store and the profile starts to load. So I decided to format the machine and install windows 7 again because my computer is weak, so I installed steam and when I put my login and password for the first time the pop-up that appears for you to enter the steam guard code does not appear or takes a while a lot to appear (on windows 8.1 and 10 it is almost instantaneous) and the same problems mentioned at the beginning continue to persist. It's strange because in the browser I use (Chrome) it works perfectly, but in the launcher it doesn't. The errors started appearing out of nowhere, even on the same day it started I was playing csgo with my friends. I closed the game and a few hours later I opened it to play again, when I opened it, it didn't connect to any game. I decided to close Steam and open it again, from there the errors started to appear, all on the same day, it was all very strange and I still don't understand. I'm looking for someone who knows how to solve or who went through the same situation and managed to solve it. Thanks for your attention. (Sorry the bad english). When I click login it doesn't leave this screen.

Ícone Verificada pela comunidade1645842594202.png1645842594202.png

Attachments

• Screenshot.PNG
    Screenshot.PNG
    10.7 KB
Last edited:
I've been using windows 7 since last year and I've never had any problems before until this month, but steam started having problems like taking a long time to open the launcher, the store on black screen, the profile too, after a long time of opening the store and the profile starts to load. So I decided to format the machine and install windows 7 again because my computer is weak, so I installed steam and when I put my login and password for the first time the pop-up that appears for you to enter the steam guard code does not appear or takes a while a lot to appear (on windows 8.1 and 10 it is almost instantaneous) and the same problems mentioned at the beginning continue to persist. It's strange because in the browser I use (Chrome) it works perfectly, but in the launcher it doesn't. The errors started appearing out of nowhere, even on the same day it started I was playing csgo with my friends. I closed the game and a few hours later I opened it to play again, when I opened it, it didn't connect to any game. I decided to close Steam and open it again, from there the errors started to appear, all on the same day, it was all very strange and I still don't understand. I'm looking for someone who knows how to solve or who went through the same situation and managed to solve it. Thanks for your attention. (Sorry the bad english).

View attachment 6744

That is a steam problem, not an NTlite one.

This sounds like a network problem, especially if Chrome works fine. Steam uses UDP traffic, try this command:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" -tcp

If that opens faster, then it's your firewall or network router.

This sounds like a network problem, especially if Chrome works fine. Steam uses UDP traffic, try this command:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" -tcp

If that opens faster, then it's your firewall or network router.
In cmd? And i don't think the problem is the network route because I've already tested it on windows 8.1 and 10 and I didn't have any problems Ps:
I connected my laptop via wifi to my cell phone's mobile network and nothing changed.

Ícone Verificada pela comunidade

Last edited:
Check your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\logs\connection_log.txt

Have you tried installing clean W7 to make sure it's not your NTLite preset? Even if you mess up "liteing", it's very hard to break UDP.
Steam & CSGO are UDP, and Chrome is TCP. If the clean image works, come back and post your preset.

Check your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\logs\connection_log.txt

Have you tried installing clean W7 to make sure it's not your NTLite preset? Even if you mess up "liteing", it's very hard to break UDP.
Steam & CSGO are UDP, and Chrome is TCP. If the clean image works, come back and post your preset.
Yes, i tested it on clean windows and had the same problem

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    84.6 KB
205.185.194.197 -> Sao Paulo, Brazil
162.254.192.87 -> Ashburn, VA (USA)

Your proxy server or VPN is broken, or using a bad DNS server (wrong geo-IP info). Definitely not NTLite's fault.

If you use a VPN or the "wrong" DNS provider, geo-location gets broken. You get redirected to the wrong part of the world.

If you use a VPN or the "wrong" DNS provider, geo-location gets broken. You get redirected to the wrong part of the world.
I connected my laptop's wifi to my cell phone network and steam opened normally, I already called my internet provider and I'm waiting for a response from them. Thank you guys.

Back