Suggestion for NTLite future build -P2

SM03

nuhi Here are some more suggestion from my side for future implementation

There should be two options in any functional indication button, 'Default' & 'Enable or Disable', if the 'Default' option is equals to 'Enable' then the counter option should be shown as 'Disable' & vice versa.

& The Default option is should be shown with GREEN colour with the default functionality mentioned with it within the bracket, like

'Default (Enabled)' if the option is enabled by default & the counter option should be 'Disable' only
or
'Default (Disabled)' if the option is disabled by default & the counter option should be 'Enable' only

& when the user changes any default function, like from enable to disable or on to off, then every user-selected option should have a different colour coding like RD or BLUE for ease of understanding. just like I suggest GREEN colour-coded for all default action

& here are a FEw more reg tweaks to implement in future NTLite builds.

1. Unpin Store from Taskbar:
HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer "NopinningStoreToTaskbar"=dword:00000001

2. OneDrive AutoSync Disabled:
HKLM\\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\OneDrive "DisableFileSyncNGSC"=dword:00000001

3. Enable System Restore:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SPP\Clients
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\SystemRestore "DisableSR"=-

4. Night (Blue) Light Settings:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\DefaultAccount\Cloud\ [default$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate & default$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings]

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\DefaultAccount\Current
[default$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate & default$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings]

5. Storage Sense Settings:
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\StorageSense\Parameters\StoragePolicy

6. Video Playback Settings:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\VideoSettings

7. Sign-In option/Privacy-Show Account Details on Sign-in Screen
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System [DontDisplayLockedUserId=1]

8. Use the PrtScn button to open screen snipping
HKCU\Control Panel\Keyboard [PrintScreenKeyForSnippingEnabled=1]

9. Diagnostics & Feedback-Feedback Frequence (NEVER)
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Siuf\Rules [NumberOfSIUFInPeriod=0 & 'PeriodInNanoSeconds' should be deleted]

10. Background Apps Settings:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\BackgroundAccessApplications

11. File Explorer (This PC) Settings
--Navigation Panel
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Modules\NavPane

-- Quick Access Toolbar Customization & Ribbon
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Ribbon

12. Task Manager Layout & other Settings:
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TaskManager

13. START Screen Layout Settings:
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount.

Thanks.

Regarding the default setting coloring, would be nice but the default option can differ, not planning on tagging each Windows edition and investigating just to color it.
We either allow Windows default, or force a desired setting, not much to navigate there.

1) already in
2) already in
3) OK, added to todo, will see how it goes + the SR percentage choice.
4) It's binary, skipping for now as its encoding is not clear
5) OK, added to todo...
6) These seems laptop only, not a priority (you can always export a REG and import the file itself)
7) OK...
8) OK
9) OK
10) That list expands with each installed app after Windows is deploy, so not getting the need to configure it on the image.
Btw you can import a REG with [-HKEY] to remove select ones.
11-13) Binary, skipping

Thanks.

Regarding the default setting coloring, would be nice but the default option can differ, not planning on tagging each Windows edition and investigating just to color it.
We either allow Windows default, or force a desired setting, not much to navigate there.

1) already in
2) already in
3) OK, added to todo, will see how it goes + the SR percentage choice.
4) It's binary, skipping for now as its encoding is not clear
5) OK, added to todo...
6) These seems laptop only, not a priority (you can always export a REG and import the file itself)
7) OK...
8) OK
9) OK
10) That list expands with each installed app after Windows is deploy, so not getting the need to configure it on the image.
Btw you can import a REG with [-HKEY] to remove select ones.
11-13) Binary, skipping
nuhi

1. Where? can you pls point out that for me? I can't find this option anywhere in NTLite.
2. this is the only one drive disabling option that I found in NTLite? Are you pointing towards it by saying 'already in'
1.png
if yes, then as you can see that, even after disabling that option, one drive still installed & start automatically in the first boot when you installing windows via that modding ISO that you made with disabling this option.

In another post, here, I already mentioned an elaborated process of how to get rid of Onedrive fully so that it won't install automatically (& hence can't sync). This is the only way that I found by myself with experimenting,

let me know if you're interested in this, we can discuss more via pm.

6). No, that is not a laptop/notebook only feature, I shared that SS from my Desktop, IDK why did u think that as a laptop only feature,
Yes, I know I can do every setting by making the reg file, but here I am suggesting to implement all these easy tweaks ti implemented under NTlite to make it a more customizable tool with all option available. Requesting to take another look in this.

& about the rest options, I understand the Binary concern you stated here, Ok fair enough.

& thanks for accepting all other suggestions, I hope to see all these implemented soon in next ntlite builds.

nuhi

1. Where? can you pls point out that for me? I can't find this option anywhere in NTLite.
2. this is the only one drive disabling option that I found in NTLite? Are you pointing towards it by saying 'already in'
View attachment 3143
if yes, then as you can see that, even after disabling that option, one drive still installed & start automatically in the first boot when you installing windows via that modding ISO that you made with disabling this option.

In another post, here, I already mentioned an elaborated process of how to get rid of Onedrive fully so that it won't install automatically (& hence can't sync). This is the only way that I found by myself with experimenting,

6). No, that is not a laptop/notebook only feature, I shared that SS from my Desktop, IDK why did u think that as a laptop only feature,
Yes, I know I can do every setting by making the reg file, but here I am suggesting to implement all these easy tweaks ti implemented under NTlite to make it a more customizable tool with all option available. Requesting to take another look in this.

& about the rest options, I understand the Binary concern you stated here, Ok fair enough.

& thanks for accepting all other suggestions, I hope to see all these implemented soon in next ntlite builds.

nuhi

Just a reminder that you didn't answer/reply to this comment & am still waiting for it.

Meanwhile, today, in the newly released NTLite, I see there are only two of my suggestions added out of the five that you initially agreed.

Not complaining, just saying/asking, rest 3 are for next build or what?

And kindly reply on my last comment regarding some of the rest suggestions that need to be discussed (Suggestion No 1 & 6)

nuhi

View attachment 3143

1. Ups, it's automatically set when Store is removed, will expose the tweak in the next version, thx.
2. Obviously, from the title and if you try it from the effect. We were talking about DisableFileSyncNGSC, not OneDrive removal, that's also already in under Components.
If MS broke DisableFileSyncNGSC, as it looks to me as well, or people misunderstood its functionality, will edit accordingly.
6. Attached picture what I see, if that's not for a laptop, please nLiten me.

Told you in PMs that System Restore needs drive GUIDs which are not available before install.
Just print screen wasn't done as it seems unimportant due to the fact that sniping can be open with Win+Shift+S, and take a screenshot in at least 8 ways already.

Attachments

• CropImage.png
    CropImage.png
    45.8 KB
1. Ups, it's automatically set when Store is removed, will expose the tweak in the next version, thx.
2. Obviously, from the title and if you try it from the effect. We were talking about DisableFileSyncNGSC, not OneDrive removal, that's also already in under Components.
If MS broke DisableFileSyncNGSC, as it looks to me as well, or people misunderstood its functionality, will edit accordingly.
6. Attached picture what I see, if that's not for a laptop, please nLiten me.

Told you in PMs that System Restore needs drive GUIDs which are not available before install.
Just print screen wasn't done as it seems unimportant due to the fact that sniping can be open with Win+Shift+S, and take a screenshot in at least 8 ways already.

Hey nuhi

1. Finally, you got my point, waiting to see that in the next build.

2. So, basically you're trying to say that the option which I screenshotted here is for disabling the OneDrive auto-sync feature, & by enabling (Disable toggle) that screenshotted option, is just for disabling the OneDrive's Auto-Sync Feature,. not completely disabled or remove the OD from the system/ISO? Right? If this is so, then I would request you to change that option name by renaming it appropriately from only 'OneDrive' to something like 'Disable OneDrive Auto-Sync' with a footnote below in status bar that

"This option only disables the automatic sync OneDrive in a Newly Installed OS/System, & this option doesn't completely remove OneDrive from the OS/System"

for avoiding such confusion & for everyone's ease of understanding.

And yes, the OneDrive proper removal option is there under Component/Remoting & Privacy & about that particular point, we've discussed in private messages already, I hope you can remember about my request/suggestion. :)

6. I told you earlier, & am telling you again, those options ain't a laptop/notebook only feature, I see those options as well as the reg values in my desktop as well. here am sharing the screenshots again from my desktop

From Windows Settings

11.png

From Registry Editor

1.png

And even as you're saying that if those options are notebook/laptop only, then what's the issue to implement those in NTLite? I don't see any harm in that, it's just a simple reg tweak nothing sort of binary, and that only adds more customizable options in your developed tool & adding more values in it.

And about system restore, you told it earlier, and I understood & obliged that, IDK why you're mentioning that here again as I didn't mention about System Restore in my earlier comment to you.

And about Print Scrn, sure, there are others way to take a SS, but the option that I've been suggesting to put in NTLite, is the latest & the newest method of taking most accurate & user-defined customizable screenshot that's been introduced in Windows 10, so in my opinion, that's the easiest way to take the SS< & while many other useful customization options are available in NTLite, so I think this op[tion should've been there too, hence suggested, again, just a simple reg tweak to add, & again, that only add more value to your tool & make it more customizable friendly, isn't it?

Hey nuhi

1. Finally, you got my point, waiting to see that in the next build.

2. So, basically you're trying to say that the option which I screenshotted here is for disabling the OneDrive auto-sync feature, & by enabling (Disable toggle) that screenshotted option, is just for disabling the OneDrive's Auto-Sync Feature,. not completely disabled or remove the OD from the system/ISO? Right? If this is so, then I would request you to change that option name by renaming it appropriately from only 'OneDrive' to something like 'Disable OneDrive Auto-Sync' with a footnote below in status bar that

"This option only disables the automatic sync OneDrive in a Newly Installed OS/System, & this option doesn't completely remove OneDrive from the OS/System"

for avoiding such confusion & for everyone's ease of understanding.

And yes, the OneDrive proper removal option is there under Component/Remoting & Privacy & about that particular point, we've discussed in private messages already, I hope you can remember about my request/suggestion. :)

6. I told you earlier, & am telling you again, those options ain't a laptop/notebook only feature, I see those options as well as the reg values in my desktop as well. here am sharing the screenshots again from my desktop

From Windows Settings

View attachment 3224

From Registry Editor

View attachment 3225

And even as you're saying that if those options are notebook/laptop only, then what's the issue to implement those in NTLite? I don't see any harm in that, it's just a simple reg tweak nothing sort of binary, and that only adds more customizable options in your developed tool & adding more values in it.

And about system restore, you told it earlier, and I understood & obliged that, IDK why you're mentioning that here again as I didn't mention about System Restore in my earlier comment to you.

And about Print Scrn, sure, there are others way to take a SS, but the option that I've been suggesting to put in NTLite, is the latest & the newest method of taking most accurate & user-defined customizable screenshot that's been introduced in Windows 10, so in my opinion, that's the easiest way to take the SS< & while many other useful customization options are available in NTLite, so I think this op[tion should've been there too, hence suggested, again, just a simple reg tweak to add, & again, that only add more value to your tool & make it more customizable friendly, isn't it?
nuhi pinging you to remind about the suggestions that still needs to be implemented, & you never replied to this old comment, also, for the cortana issue, I forgot about this too for a while, so just reminding you, kindly read & do the needful.

Back