Sysprep after DISM doesn`t work

Peda86

Hello,

compliments to the NTLite Team for that powerful tool!!!

But i`ve ran into a probelm. hopefully you can help me with that.

I`ve created a custom Win10 Installation using the following steps:
  1. Adapted standard Win10 Installation to my needs, using NTLite(created a User "user" with admin privilegs, removed bloatware, edited Win Settings, etc)
  2. Booted that installation once and added settings & programs which i could not add with NTLite
  3. Used DISM to create a custom install.wim
  4. Opened that install.wim with NTLite again to create a install iso.
  5. Until now everything worked perfect
  6. Now i want to start a second branch of custom install with different users ( User "admin" admin privilegs & User "user" with user privilegs). Therefore i started at step 4
  7. In NTLite i`ve activated Sysprep using OOBE and answered all the necessary option including to create admin & user.
  8. When i install an start the installation i only se the previous User "user" and no admin.
  9. But when i start Sysprep manually, the two Users admin & user will be created
Where is my mistake?

Many thanks in Advance!

Hi,

thanks for the compliment.

OK, so user creation is in the Unattended settings, you need to be careful about handling of .\autounattend.xml (answer file) which is saved in the ISO root.
Last unattended settings overwrites those.
Meaning, to edit Unattended, best is to load previous preset and edit that to overwrite the final unattended answer file.

Let me know if I misunderstood, or please rephrase the exact issue, as far as I understood it's just about the users being created.

Hi Nuhi,

the second branch is basically the first one except the users which should be created with the autounattended.xml. I´ve reused NTLites setting template of first branch and changed/extended it.
so in my opinion it is fine that the first autounattended.xml gets overwritten by the second one with different users.

It seems to me that sysprep/autounattended.xml is not executed correctly after installation...
Do you have any ideas?

Many thanks in Advance!

Peda86 ntlite has a dism tweak that breaks sysprep/capture or deployment on 1809, perhaps someone can name it, i forget what its called and i aint got 10 availible. it wozza long time ago, can try to dig the post out if need be.

edit - found it - Settings - Windows - DISM ResetBase functionality.

Back