Tweaks not saving, "discarding changes, unloading"

ssateneth

i got the fall creator's update windows 10 english ISO with sha-1 1AD928CFEF439F6AA4044DDC3A96B0B6830BDD0F (it matches with other online sources) and every time i try to save tweaks, it says discarding changes, unloading image and the tweaks arent saved. using ntlite 1.5.0.5632 64-bit beta. do i need to buy the program again to make it work?

I had this problem with 1703 windows 10 too and someone said to redownload it, which worked (also because media creatoin tool downloads different ISO every time with different checksum).

Does ntlite not work with windows 10 1709 properly yet? I'm getting really frustrated that the program does not work for anything except autounattend.xml and even then, the setup gave me an error after setting up devices saying something about pass (not password) being invalid and have to restart setup all over again (i did it 3 times), it turns out i cant integrate my cd key to autounattend anywhere except setup.

I dont think ntlite works for 1709 windows 10 yet. :/

If I use an older windows 8.1 image, it says "Saving changes to the image" and the progress goes from 0 to 100% for something as simple as enabling the control panel icon on desktop option

Using windows 10 ISO 1703 and 1709 brand new downloaded direct from microsoft and extracted with winrar 5.5 and doing the exact same thing, it says "Discarding changes, unloading image" and goes from 100% to 0% (not using media creation tool)

Last edited:
I had this problem with 1703 windows 10 too and someone said to redownload it, which worked (also because media creatoin tool downloads different ISO every time with different checksum).

Does ntlite not work with windows 10 1709 properly yet? I'm getting really frustrated that the program does not work for anything except autounattend.xml and even then, the setup gave me an error after setting up devices saying something about pass (not password) being invalid and have to restart setup all over again (i did it 3 times), it turns out i cant integrate my cd key to autounattend anywhere except setup.

Using windows 10 ISO 1703 and 1709 brand new downloaded direct from microsoft and extracted with winrar 5.5 and doing the exact same thing, it says "Discarding changes, unloading image" and goes from 100% to 0% (not using media creation tool)
I think i told you to redownload it.

I wonder what is "properly" for you about NTLite working with 1709 or which kind of problems you got in the process, i like how it works but still needs some polishing i'm editing win 10 pro x64, slimmed down to 1.74 GB, removed all related with windows store (except what is needed for windows) but i keep tablet support and on screen keyboard.

Are you working with only one HDD?
Does it have enough free space?

You can download your ISO from here:
https://tb.rg-adguard.net/index.php?lang=en

It will give you a direct download link from download.windowsupdate.com.

using ntlite 1.5.0.5632 64-bit beta. do i need to buy the program again to make it work?
You can buy an upgrade as you can read here:
https://www.ntlite.com/shop/

Your license never expires for the purchased feature set. Included are also any new premium features for a year starting from the first activation (beta included).
To unlock new premium features added after that year, you can renew the license at a 50% discount for another year – choice is yours if you see something interesting in the changelogs, anytime.
Renewals append a year from the day of activated upgrade, plus any remainder from the previous license, and resets the activation count.

As an example, a premium feature can be a new component removal, Windows version support or a new functionality of the tool.

If you choose not to extend the license premium feature upgrades, your existing license will continue to work with future versions anyway, getting all the bug fixes for your set of features accumulated through the previous year for as long as the tool supports the given Windows version.

Ok so I'm pretty sure I found a very important bug with ntlite, and this bug is probably what I was getting before when I first neeed to install windows 10 1703. I might have done it this way (as i describe below) to get around the bug.

The only way to get ntlite to save tweaks properly and not discard them is when you get to the last tab to "Apply", DO NOT TICK "Save the Image" as this causes the "discarding changes, unloading image" bug. Instead, you MUST TICK "Stop before saving the image" before hitting "Process". It does its tweaks, then go back to the "Source" page, right click the loaded image, and click "Unload", and then tick "Save the existing changes to the image". Then it will FINALLY do "Saving changes to the image" and go form 0 to 100% and the tweaks finally stick.

I was under the impression that hitting "Save the Image" would save the tweaks instead of discarding and unloading the image. Is this a bug or a feature? I can't tell.

I'll try to make a video to prove I'm not crazy.

I haven't seen that "bug" as i have tested many times win7 x64 ultimate, win10 1703 pro x64, and v1709 since 2 weeks ago, most of the times i choose save and trim, a couple of times "Save the image" only with 1703, never had that problem, that's weird.

Ok heres a video of the bug. Brand new windows 10 install, brand new ntlite install with license, brand new windows 10 iso with good known sha1 hash. It's long but only because of long loading/unload times.

That looks like a bug present when there are no components removal, the first time did you only tested in tweaks - users?

I can do the first set of steps (save the image instead of not saving the image) over and over, its the same result. as soon as I not save image and then manually unload and save image after, it works. I've never used 'remove components' the entire time I used ntlite since i didnt want to break anything. Worked fine for windows 7, 8, and 8.1. Had this problem with windows 10 from the start, and just now documented how to work around the bug

I wasn't aware you needed to remove a component to get ntlite to save correctly. That means if I change the same image enough times, im going to run out of components to remove? I mean in the video I only did the tweak for desktop icons, but doesn't matter what kind of tweak (registry, integrate drivers, etc), it fails unless I save the windows 10 that specific way (save but dont unload, then unload manually with save checkbox)

Like the windows 10 I'm on right now was a failed ntlite image where i integrated all chipset drivers and video drivers, but when I actually got it installed, there were no video or chipset drivers present and it downloaded crap ones from microsoft, all because of the 'discarding changes, unloading image' bug.

Last edited:
Fixed in the build 5675, let me know if there are any issues, thanks.

Back