UAC Account Settings Help

SomeTechGuy

1567640980201.png

1567640827646.png

My scenario: I have my batch file and powershell file in the Sources\$1\UpdatePC folder. The files copy over to C:\UpdatePC correctly. I have the runonce registry key that calls the batch file from the HKCU location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce] "!RunOnce"="C:\\UpdatePC\\UpdatePC.bat"

What then happens is I get the the above first UAC picture. If you go to the UAC windows settings and try to change you get the second picture. I have tried messing with UAC settings to mimic turning off UAC (like setting UAC in windows to never notify) and by leaving the default settings alone in ntlite. The settings I change were from (https://www.ntlite.com/discussions/#/discussion/comment/2115)

1567641425130.png

My Questions:
What settings need to be set to set UAC to never notify. --> This would most likely fix my issue

Separately, Is there a way to elevate the batch file to run as admin?

I appreciate any assistance and thanks

1567820694178.png

SO looks like the issue is using the autologon. Specifically the UserAccounts is working right The Test account is logging in with nothing to associate it as an admin. Is there any way to fix this?

Last edited:
This since been fixed....The issue was the pc name and user name were the same. You cannot do this when doing an unattend.

Back