Unable to view default apps after patch update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaliswaran

Hello Everyone, My name is Kaliswaran, I am a Image customizing Developer, actually I was trying to update Win 11 21H2 version with recent February patch update and sysprep the machine, but when I try to boot the machine again in Audit mode, I am unable to see some of default applications like calculator, paint, snipping tool etc. But if I try to create any local user profile, there I can able to get all applications without issues. So anyone please kindly help on this. (so as I mentioned, Once I am done with Patch update, then only I am facing with this issue, earlier without patch update I can able to see all applications fine in Audit mode). Can anybody help.

Mod note: Closing thread, same question spammed to multiple sites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

is it happening only after the preset is being applied, or it's a normal Windows behavior?
If it's tested and only after a preset, please attach the preset or send it to me directly for testing.

Hello,

is it happening only after the preset is being applied, or it's a normal Windows behavior?
If it's tested and only after a preset, please attach the preset or send it to me directly for testing.
Hi Nuhi, thanks for your quick reply, "preset" here actually what you mean? Sysprep activity or something else?

Your explanation is leaving out important details. Are you installing the monthly CU, removing components, then booting into sysprep?
The exact sequence of events does matter. What version of NTLite are you using?

Your explanation is leaving out important details. Are you installing the monthly CU, removing components, then booting into sysprep?
The exact sequence of events does matter. What version of NTLite are you using?
Hi Garlin, thanks for your response, I am not using NTLite, I done sysprep manually in Audit mode.

That's what I expected. NTLite will allow you to integrate CU's and updated Appx packages, without sysprep. If you're writing your own modding tools, this isn't the correct forum to ask questions. There are other places for that.

You're hitting the well known problem if you don't disable networking in audit mode, WU will try to update Windows apps. This can break app registration for existing users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back