Unattend.xml - I would like to skip everything except Product Key & Partition settings

gschwahofer

Hello Dear Users,

I need some help because im struggling since a week with the autoattend.xml file what created by NTLite.

I would like to setup a Windows10 Professional, and in many cases we have own Product Key and would like to fill out. I cannot really do that anyhow. I was able to achieve that but then I need to fill out every language settings and everything incl EULA. I would like to Skip everything except Partition settings and filling out the Product Key.

Here is my XML:

Attachments

• autounattend - Copy.xml
    5.1 KB
I always use [key] for the key and then exclude <Value>Windows 10 Pro</Value> from my xml and that works for me. except when I have a machine with the wrong edition key in bios.

I instead use a couple of workarounds:

1. hard code kms default key in xml and change key after install (never experimented with scripting slmgr in setupcomplete)
  2. hard code a known good win10pro key, disable autoactivate and then use another app to grab key from bios (if pro), change key to that, and then activate.
any combination of the above will work.

Since I usually rebuild pc's for varios randos, I end up sometimes installing and activating home or pro from bios key whatever that ends up being so [key] and delete <Value>Windows 10 Pro</Value> is what I end up having to do most of the time.

that being said, my day job does require enterprise so I use a different xml for that. typically just a pro install then activate enterprise key. Sometimes I have time to build a thick image and capture as enterprise edition but dont reimage enterprise often enough to justify building updated thick images so end up just installing pro then activating enterprise after install.

I attached my most often used autounattend. please ignore included commentary and refrain from judging me accordingly.

Attachments

• autounattend.xml
    7.6 KB
Back