USB 3.0 driver for Windows 7

maszd

Hi,

is there a universal usb 3.0 driver for windows 7? i want to integrate to win7 iso (x64 and x86) for both Intel and AMD.
TIA.

Regards.

Last edited:
iam try to integrate usb 3.0 driver, its successfully on install.wim but not on boot.wim :oops: this error appear:

2018-06-24_133110.png

2018-06-24_133144.png

Check the extracted files and folders, there could be drivers for XP too, try with the clean (no modded) drivers.

I would look at the ASMedia drivers because he has old and newer versions and i think v xx.41.x is XP 32bit. A quick look at win-raid will confirm this.

The files location depends on .inf content.
Driver Genius Pro puts all the files into 1 folder, you then get 2 inf files and each one may be telling the system to look in 2 different locations for the .sys file. I backup my drivers from the Driver Repository folder now and so far they have the correct structure with the amd inf file. :)

I don't use/recommend any driver "finder" software, you can see many .inf files but none do the same, lets say, over 5 .inf files in x64 bluetooth drivers folder (i'm working with it right now) and 2 more .inf files in a children folder, none do the same, one can do the bt audio comm, file transfer, network, etc.

Also, you can edit the inf files to change the files locations the way you decide.

Maszd, a copy/paste of my comments at Fernandos,

"Some driver pack installers are difficult to extract with 7zip, some drivers like AMD USB Filter driver need to be installed by the installer, right clicking the .inf, "Install" doesnt work. Sometimes AMD will put the same driver in multiple locations inside the installer. If i am using a new and unknown motherboard and chipset combination i will use official installers to see what my system needs, the installer knows better than me.

In this situation i will do a test install using old spare hdd or ssd. Install os then install all the driver installers and restart as needed. Make sure you have ALL your hardware attached, samsung nvme installer will not work if the drive is not connected. So you have attached All your hardware and run the installers needed so go to the following folder - C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository This contains all the drivers needed by your system. Set the folder view to Details. Toggle the list using the Date Modified tab so earliest date at the top, latest date at the bottom - see attached. You will easily spot your 3rd party drivers. Copy and back them up so you add them into NTLite later. Once you are familiar with your hardware combination you can just work from the backed up drivers and keep the installers in storage.

Edit - AMD USB Filter driver installs to this location - C:\Windows\System32\DRVSTORE so it will be worth checking here too.
Actually i would back up all drivers in those 2 locations anyway(always handy just in case) and if you are Liting and remove a driver you shouldnt have then you will be able to find it quickly. "

Attachments

• f38t3682p52580n2_CykMmXHZ.jpg
    f38t3682p52580n2_CykMmXHZ.jpg
    131.8 KB
Back