USB 3.0

crypticus

Hi nuhi and others as u know we need to add usb 3.0 drivers to boot.wim in order to install windows7 from 3.0 usb ports...

since i'm using AIO iso with both windows 7 and 8.1 and 10. can i add usb 3.0 drivers to shared boot.wim? is it going to be problematic for windows 10 installation? because adding them via setupcomplete to only win7 edition is not an option since it is about boot.wim...

do you know anything about this or any idea? thanks..

i'm planning to get drivers from here: https://www.win-raid.com/t834f25-USB-Drivers-original-and-modded.html
which of them do you recommend for normal life users who has intel and amd cpu's

Look at my "installing windows 7 onto Coffee Lake" thread, there is some bumpf on USB3 drivers for intel. All i know is installing windows 7 on H310C r2.0 chipset, anything other than that is not on my radar im afraid.

i know how to add drivers to boot.wim and install win7 on a coffee lake or any other same as amd. the question is different

You should be fine, Windows is deciding which driver to use, and if your driver is missing, then you integrate it, it will be picked up where needed.
There is nothing forcefully overwritten, if that's what you're asking. And Win7 drivers are known to work on Win10, also they can be ignored on Win10 boot if INF is internally tagged for Win7 only.
Same goes for architecture.

Of course there are problematic drivers, always be ready for a backup plan, maybe integrate multiple versions, different boot.wims renamed which you can easily rename and reboot the USB stick from the command line.

thank you very much... if anyone know any driver suggestion for intel and amd tell me please. because the link i gave in first post, has multiple decisions... and i can't decide

for exp should i integrate only usb3.1 drivers or should i integrate usb3.0 or both?

Back