User Interface Questions...

pdparisi

I am working through documenting some of how to use NTLite. I have a couple of questions that I could use some clarification on.

I am building an ISO to install a very minimal version of Windows 11 Pro.

In the following screen shot, I have dropped down the Machine choices:
  1. Should I choose Host Machine or one of the VM's - my target Hypervisor is Proxmox? Is it better to import a "list of hardware"? If so, how do I create that list?
  2. It is a bit disturbing to see the red "missing" note on the hardware checklist items, what do these mean? Is this hardware that is missing, missing from my computer (Deployed)?
As you can see, I am easily confused. I want to have a completely new build of an ISO that has no inference from my computer. Does that make sense? Help! :)

2023-03-22_14-08-45.png

Thanks in advance!
Paul.

the missing part is in reference to the driver missing from the image you have mounted.

Hello!

Ok, so I have worked through my selections.
  1. How do I now save what I have done? I see Create ISO but does that... save my selections for future modifications?
  2. What does the Reset button do?
2023-03-22_17-40-12.png

In the following screen shot, I have dropped down the Machine choices:
  1. Should I choose Host Machine or one of the VM's - my target Hypervisor is Proxmox? Is it better to import a "list of hardware"? If so, how do I create that list?
  2. It is a bit disturbing to see the red "missing" note on the hardware checklist items, what do these mean? Is this hardware that is missing, missing from my computer (Deployed)?
Machine list will compare the loaded image's driver set against the current host, or from a list of known VM types. This allows you to make VM-only images, which can save disk space by removing all non-essential drivers.

"Missing" reported on the Hardware checklist, shows your image is missing a device found on the host system. This helps users who want to check their image has all the same drivers as on the current host.

If you're installing on a different model PC, then "Missing" won't matter since the hardware list doesn't match.

Ok, so I have worked through my selections.
  1. How do I now save what I have done? I see Create ISO but does that... save my selections for future modifications?
  2. What does the Reset button do?
Before clicking Process, return to File and Preset / Save As to copy this working session to a named preset.

Back to Apply, and hit Process to start image processing. If you save a preset after processing is done, it will be empty since all pending actions were executed. NTLite will create an Auto-save file for you, but many users delete it by mistake. Saving it under your own name makes it easier to keep track of each working session.

On any screen, Reset undoes any changes made to the current page.

Back