"WaaS Assessment - [5] Access is denied" Error

pmikep

Subject says it all.

Was processing a wim of 20H2 core, 64-bit. Got this error from NTLite.

NTLite WaasAssment denied.jpg

I clicked on OK and NTLite completed.

The only processing that I had done to the wim before was to remove Fonts, Languages and Keyboards.

Preset that caused this error is attached.

Attachments

• Auto-saved session {F6631823-C04A-4C39-A830-F9A0130633BD}.xml
    18.9 KB
So I see in the change log for .7742 that something has been fixed with waasMedicService. I can't find this now. Maybe I was dreaming?

But after my tale of woe, explaining problems caused by Windows Update not running during Cumulative Updates, I am now "snake bit" (as we say here in the desert SW). I am afraid to remove waasMedicService.

NTLite says that waasMedic depends on Windows' Update. But does Update depend on wassMedic?

It would be ironic if removing it in NTLite prevents NTLite from doing a Host Refresh.

Last edited:
Hello. Ntlite threw the exact WaaS Assessment error code as OP. I attached a copy of the presets as well as a screencap of the results. When I reloaded the wim with Ntlite, I didn’t find WaaS in the components.

This particular image was installed in a vm. I did see some libraries for WaaS in the SxS folder, as well as WaaSmedic mentioned above. I did not run Ntlite within the vm, sorry. I can update this post if I do.

Not a big deal to me. It doesn’t seem to break anything; just a nuisance interrupting wim component removal processing. Have at it.

Attachments

• Auto-saved session {2A43D53F-8188-4BD2-BD42-38455285876C}.xml
    20.6 KB
  • waas_assessment_removal.JPG
    waas_assessment_removal.JPG
    108.3 KB
So I see in the change log for .7742 that something has been fixed with waasMedicService. I can't find this now. Maybe I was dreaming?

I also saw it in the changelog but I don't remember which version.

This error occurs when sysprep is made on the image and captured again to install.wim.

If you use an ISO 19041.1 and integrate updates this does not happen.

If I'm not mistaken the 20H2 ISOs updated monthly by Microsoft are sysprepped.

nuhi see if you can reproduce this.

Back