What is the correct way to incorporate presets?

jonr

hello, i thought it would be really easy but i feel i am doing something wrong since my new iso is exact same installation size of original after importing Presets. so i wanted to ask, what is the correct way to incorporate the presets.

what i have done so far is. First downloaded the presets from the links, I have the XML files. I import the Stage 2 Advanced preset into NTLite, i can see it on the right side of the window. I then add a new folder and NTLite loads the ISO files, it then take me to the customization window. I assume I dont need to tweak anything because NTLite reads the preset XML and make the changes for me (im a wrong? what do i need to do at this point to implement the presets?). I then go to apply, make some minor adjustments and I choose "create ISO"

it creates it fine but when I use the new ISO in a VM it still builds the original ISO installation of 12.1gb

please let me know what i need to do. thanks

You can import xml presets using the toolbar at the top of the page, click on Preset then you see the availible options, or you can drag and drop them which is what i do. Once imported and shoiwing in the presets pane, click on the required one until it shows green, same as on the os edition choice in the grab below. ON the right hand side, Presets, I have selected Auto-saved session Online, see the green orb? That means a preset/last session file has been selected and will do all the tasks in that file. If you have gone to the Apply page and seleted Create ISO, then Process, it seems you have done everything right and that the imported preset wasnt actually loaded on the Source page. Personally i always review all tasks in a preset before applying and saving changes just incase.

Last edited:
Try redownload ntlite and try again. I had this problem some time ago but was fast fixed. And ntlite had same version number after fix.

@jonr, after loading the image, you have to load the preset by double-clicking on the one you want to load (or right-click load).
The status bar on the lower left must state that it was loaded.

Then go to the Apply page and Process, you can also tick the box on Image Tasks to Create the ISO when done.

Back