When making a Win10 AIO - Suggestions

banko84

Hello @nuhi,

I'm a fan of your tool.
Never the less some suggestions are in order.

1. Please add possibility to see x64 and x86 or 32bit and 64bit at the end of each version of Windows 10 in NTLITE (May also apply to 7/ 8 / 8.1) after one has Loaded a Folder or a ISO into NTLITE.

2. Maybe throw in Safe presets with Components removal and Services turned of or turned to Manual, etc?

Reason for suggesting is that I have tinkered for some time now and since I do that after Work, It seems very hard to Dive into the Vastness of which is MS Windows.
If you got some good pointers or links for doing an AIO regular End User ISO file from a 6.6GB file. It would also be helpful.

Never the less My two suggestions Would be welcomed by a lot of new users. Yes I'm aware of the demographic you are targeting. But even an Enthusiast needs some good nudges into the right direction :)

Thank you for your hard work and keep on Rocking NTLITE :)

The only problem with safe or lite presets is knowing what 3rd party tools many users use and what bits on windows they hate, usually thats any ms browser, windows media player etc. My w7 lite stage 2 preset reduces w7 ultimate x64 by nearly 50%, 8200mb-->4200mb and stage 2 for w10 should give similar results. It will also have privacy/telemetry tweaks and will be farmed out to a 3rd party for build 1709 testing, i only have 1607. That is why i did the w7 presets first, they are easier.

I changed my direction on presets for users like yourself because lite presets are becoming a popular request. :)

The only problem with safe or lite presets is knowing what 3rd party tools many users use and what bits on windows they hate, usually thats any ms browser, windows media player etc. My w7 lite stage 2 preset reduces w7 ultimate x64 by nearly 50%, 8200mb-->4200mb and stage 2 for w10 should give similar results. It will also have privacy/telemetry tweaks and will be farmed out to a 3rd party for build 1709 testing, i only have 1607. That is why i did the w7 presets first, they are easier.

I changed my direction on presets for users like yourself because lite presets are becoming a popular request. :)

My kind of a Fellow :) I also have a Post in "Questions and Reports" about AIO :)
And yes. There is a Rising demand for Liter versions of Operating Systems.
Since we use this OS, we should be able to use it in a more Individual manner (not tweaked to Oblivion, but as per Needs basis - sometimes also Custom made for Weaker or Stronger Hardware).
This idea should be more Widespread and readily available from the Shelf :) But yeah. I digress.

I chose 1709 because it's the latest and will have support for a while. Too sad that LTSB is not available for private individuals for personal use :(

Fellow? cough cough. Ahem. Here my topic from the old forum. Years of nliting xp made things easy. Ive got w7 64bit installed running and rock solid stable at 1.2gb. :cool: A bit like Veganism, Bareboning windows isnt for everyone.

I understand. Sorry If I got your Gender wrong :oops:
And yeah.
Since I'm a "User Pluss" kind of Guy, and tinkering in General is not Foreign to me. And If I don't get stuff Just like I want it, It will haunt me again and again :D

PS. I kinda tried your Old post. It's bare like a newborns but :) Even for my personal Computing needs.
Meaning I'm not a Jedi master yet :p

Yeah. I know a Guy who likes nothing better than XP, but he moved on to Win7 since He's personal use somehow Grew out of XP.

As for me. I just like to be legal and on the other side I rather know about evolution than not :)
Meaning I like them all :) Just in a particular fashion :D

Last edited:
Back