Win 10 17134 - KB4103721 could not be implemented

FLCL

Hi Guys, hi Nuhi

The new kb4103721 from todays patchday can't be implented. Seems insalling the *.msu works fine but "winver" gave me out 17134.5. Dism too.
Maybe its because I removed some things online: Application Layer Gateway Dienst, Flash and ICS. I want to get rid Defender/Firewall...

So, what are you thinking?

Greetings
FLCL

Last edited:
Thanks for reporting, will check tomorrow with your preset.
Btw my preset worked out with the MSU after install, can't wait to see why yours fails and fix it.

It was the Update Cleanup, will fix for the next version on Monday.
In the meantime I recommend to simply use the Host Refresh wizard with the .1 ISO + latest CU + both of your presets (you can load both at once, use ctrl+ to select more).

No need to rush-release this as .5 CU was for insiders only, this will not happen if using .1->latest CU, and we have Host Refresh to the rescue without the need to reinstall all of the apps.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Nuhi,
I'm preparing to upgrade to 1803 so I have a question: if I use latest NTLite version and integrate kb4103721 from clean iso .1, can we expect that future updates can be installed with no issues?
Or it is better to wait for your fixed NTLite version? If so, is it possible to have a test preview of it?

And this is more a general question: what is Update Cleanup , which sometimes creates some issues with CU?

Thank you,
Fil

Nuhi,
I'm preparing to upgrade to 1803 so I have a question: if I use latest NTLite version and integrate kb4103721 from clean iso .1, can we expect that future updates can be installed with no issues?
Or it is better to wait for your fixed NTLite version? If so, is it possible to have a test preview of it?

And this is more a general question: what is Update Cleanup , which sometimes creates some issues with CU?

Thank you,
Fil
It was specific to .5, so not a big change was introduced in 6190.
They pulled back an update that was added in .5 and removed in .48, .5 was for insiders anyway.
Theoretically it can happen again, but with the latest version it is much less likely (if DISM rebase was ran manually or automatically, will be fine).
Btw .48 has a Microsoft bug for rebase, if you get error 1726 "The remote procedure call failed", reboot and run it again - it will last longer then and should work.

This mix of Windows issues makes it hard to test, as sometimes I spend time debugging only to realize issue is already baked in.
Not complaining, just whining :)

I spend time debugging only to realize issue is already baked in.

Its why i have given windows 10 the finger, its like pissing in the wind and i am sick of getting wet. :mad:
Give me windows 7 and i can get s--t done. :)

Back