Win10 20H2 anomalies using NTLite

banko84

Hi,

It seems that when I do the whole process. Afterwards in Windows after installing Ccleaner and goin into it's settings, I can not save its settings ini file into the Applications folder.
It say's something about not having permissions.

My Preset file is attached.
The base is original file downloaded with MS Download Tool.
Extracted W10Pro WIM file with Power Shell and just deleted the ESD file in the Source folder.

Attachments

• W10Pro-x64-20H2-Lite-M900-Tiny {6E374B32-3356-42D6-874A-215E1BE7C09A}.xml
    18.3 KB
Last edited:
It seems like CCleaner bug or maybe your account is not Administrator and cannot write into Program Files folder. I know this problem from company, where you are emploeye and ask for installing Notepad++, then you have app in Program Files, but you don't have permission to write into it.

Also try to take ownership (you want to apply registry from step 2) of CCleaner folder in Program Files. This can help you with permission problem.

It seems like CCleaner bug or maybe your account is not Administrator and cannot write into Program Files folder.
Maybe My unattended part of the preset is wrong? I try to avoid making MS Online account so I disabled it there. Maybe I need to do that in the Settings?

And also I added a bunch of registry files but there I have several UAC disabling ones but in Settings I haven't changed them accordingly? And that is my source of trouble? Although I did another preset without those UAC disbling registry ones and did not change the Settings part and result is the same permissions issue with CCleaner.

Last edited:
No it's not possible. If try to add new user it only gives you the opportunity to make a Local Account
I kind of want to leave that option in. Since some need to use MS account. That's why I'm experimenting with the Unattended setting on that one. Since it won't remove the possibility completely.

I think the difference from Unattended is skipping MS Account when create the first user as it can be difficult for some to avoid (MS try to keep you in their space) and change to Local Account.
Set MS Account to Users can't add MS Accounts and later regret you can change this in Security policy.
Open RUN and type secpol.msc.
Find Local Policies ->Security Options and you can change policy: Accounts: Block Microsoft accounts set to Not defined (Default setting in NTL).

If you set MS Account to Users can't ad MS Accounts, does it actually if needed allow you to add MS account afterwards in the OS?
Allows to you add MS Account only in the Microsoft Apps, the setting prevent you to add the MS Account to OS completely. Also when sign-in in Xbox app or Microsoft Store make sure after you type your password click of Sign in Microsoft Apps Only ,so your MS Account will only sign in to apps, games but not in windows :)

Attachments

• KB4580364 - KB4586781 2020-11-12 204711.jpg
    KB4580364 - KB4586781 2020-11-12 204711.jpg
    619.3 KB
banko84 i dont know because i aint using 10 at all let alone 20H2. i just remembered seeing the 1st link, thought it might be useful, found the 2nd link so i thought post and be damned.

It's a bit troubling since I don't want to be doing new ISO files for several machines in a couple of months down the road again.
Image from official Wiki.
1605207703477.png

What do I need to set for if I want to always see the users when I turn on my Machine? So that It doesn't log in with the last Active account?

Only seem to be one problem, maybe from Windows by default, but can't see userlogin names if several users (accounts) have access. They have to be put in manually. On the Lockscreen it seems to work.

Back