Win10 21H1 Live modification issue

SM03

Hi,
I tried to remove EDGE & Defender from my Win10 installed v21H1.899
& while, the defender seems to be removed completely, but even after a reboot, the edge is showing over here in START as a result if typed
1.png

& in App List also, showing this

2.png

Here is the preset attached

Using the latest NTL.

Attachments

• Auto-saved session Online.xml
    3.1 KB
That advertisement for Edge, if you find a tweak to remove it, I'm all ears.

Will check that shortcut leftover.
Currently working on a custom uninstaller for Edge, damn MS(I) installer, not offline-editable by default.

Thanks.

Hi nuhi

That advertisement for Edge, if you find a tweak to remove it, I'm all ears.
I'll try to find out, & share with you if found any tweak
Will check that shortcut leftover.
Currently working on a custom uninstaller for Edge, damn MS(I) installer, not offline-editable by default.

Let time know how the test goes on,

& One more thing, after removing defender in a live system by unchecking these options here, after a reboot, if I open the Live image via NTL, I found that those options remained the same with the check box marked as CHECKED, OS version is same as posted in OP, 21H1.899 (19043.899)

2.png
Just thought to share this with you too as you can check with the PRESET, Attaching one more updated PRESET too, where I tried for the second time to remove DEFENDER only

Also, as you're investigating, kindly note that, I installed 21H1.867 via an ISO that made by NTL with no edge & defender, But after installing the latest BETA LCU (V899) CAB, EDGE & defender, both returned after system reboot, & even before removing those two via NTL Live modification, EDGE icon is not showing properly in the system, SS here

3.png

Attachments

• Auto-saved session Online 2.xml
    2.8 KB
Last edited:
hi nuhi

this windows defender is not being removed in a live installer even after performing & showing as removed successfully followed by a reboot.

I first load the live installer & unchecked this
1.png
then After successfully removed, NTL prompt for a reboot, after restarting the system, if I open/load the live installer again, the same options are showing over here as checked
2.png

In my last post also, I reported this, since didn't get any reply from you, so again today tested & reporting here.

Moreover, when I load the stock unmodded 19041.1 ISO, that windows defender option isn't there, only the system guard option is showing
3.png

Last edited:
Back