Win10 RS3 16299.15 issues

Dear Nuhi,
following some notes about my first try with RS3 build.
Details:
- under hardware, I lost the ability to disable fax and internet printing client
- under features, I lost the ability to enable/disable WSL and XPS writer
- in general, some components removal selections disappeared when going from RS2 to RS3 (see attached presets)

Fil

Build 5632 is up and should cover the reported, let me know if I missed something. Thanks.

Thank you for your fast reaction.
I tried latest build and now I can see features and components correctly.
However now I have two major issues:
- Store cannot open (Something bad happened, Unknown layout specified in manifest)
- During installation, before request for user name, system reboots and "something went wrong" appears: if I choose skip, there is no option to go on with online user but only offline user is available.
Attached is preset.
Fil

However now I have two major issues:
- Store cannot open (Something bad happened, Unknown layout specified in manifest)
- During installation, before request for user name, system reboots and "something went wrong" appears: if I choose skip, there is no option to go on with online user but only offline user is available.
1.-Try to keep Azure (not sure about keeping snmp). Check your services tweaks
2.-Do you use the $oem$ folder? in services i tweak updates and sms router

With NTLite build 5590 i had removed more than you in RS3 build 16299.0, without problems (don't remember to have tested store).

These days i'm testing win 7, about 65 updates are persistent, integrated but coming back in win updates, so can't help you testing rs3.
good luck

Thank you Kasual,
it is very likely that it is related to Azure removal, I will try to keep it.
I'm not tweaking any service and I'm not using $oem$ folder.

Fil

Thanks Filippotosi, will try your preset. Let me do the hunting, it can get annoying and I would rather you are fresh if anything else happens.

Ok Nuhi, thank you. I will wait for your findings and try again. As Kasual said, it is possible that this is related to Azure, as in my first working RS3 image I used to keep it.

Fil

Haven't gotten the setup issue with your preset, but the Store cannot download apps, checking that.
In the meantime please double-check your presets, maybe some additional change breaks setup.

Ok, I will check and report back. On my side, Store cannot even open and, also, I can see that apps cannot download (those which are auto-updating).
Maybe these are related.
One thing that I do after NTLite is to change default association XML via Dism, using still RS2 version of the tool. Maybe this can break something?

Fil

Nuhi,
I found an issue where 16299.15 power plan lost.
Same setting won't cause this issue in RS2

Thanks

Dear Nuhi,
any news with fixing store apps not downloading? Should we expect a new version by next days with improved RS3 support?

Fil

@Tseng, can you elaborate a bit more how to see that issue? Thx

@Filippotosi, I gather then the known MS Store issue wasn't resolving all your issues, which one remained?

OK, thx. Will take care of your two Store/App reports tomorrow.
Was a bit off due to a weekend recharge, new PC parts (hardline watercooling, nvidia drivers issues), and a bit of bad judgement (new upcoming RS3 removals, using myself as a guinea pig before VM sanity test).

Store download is broken by Insider Hub component removal.
Fixed in next, out on Monday, if you want a pre-release version let me know.
Thanks.
(will continue on Telegram app topic)

Back