Win11 22H2 Windows could not configure one or more system components

1XX7OqiZ

NTLite 2.3.8.9820
win11 22621.607 pro
The following error occurred
windows could not configure one or more system components to install windows restra the computer and installation
I don't know why it's still happening. I've kept a lot of components and it's still happening.
I hope friends help me analyze

Really is very important to me very anxious trouble

Attachments

• Preset files.xml
    34.7 KB
Thanks for reporting, but basic compatibilities are not enabled for any panic to be justified.

Try with Recommended and OOBE compatibility enabled.
If it works and you want smaller, try with OOBE only, that's a must for image setup.

If it fails again with OOBE kept, allow me to continue and relax.

Your preset removed Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost.
Because it's not an app download, you can't reinstall it without a host refresh.

Windows 10 x64-2022-09-28-14-09-45.png

Thanks for reporting, but basic compatibilities are not enabled for any panic to be justified.

If it works and you want smaller, try with OOBE only, that's a must for image setup.

So why does the same thing happen with this preset configuration? There is no component removed

Attachments

• 1.xml
    37.3 KB

Once again, I found that in my preset configuration, just keeping MSMQ and IIS will cause this problem
But removing MSMQ and IIS does not cause the problem

Attachments

• preset.xml
    44.7 KB
When I see a preset with disabled AutoLogger or EventLogs, it's usually causing trouble.

1. Download 22621.607 (UUP dump)
2. Applying a partial 1.xml, with no disabled AutoLogger & EventLogs

Windows 10 x64-2022-09-30-14-52-42.png

3. Applying the full 1.xml

Windows 10 x64-2022-09-30-11-45-14.png

Shift-F10 works. Checking C:\Windows\Panther\setuperr.log, and we see MSMQ is probably required by ASP.NET.
But that isn't why Windows doesn't install, it's also missing from the previous ISO.

Windows 10 x64-2022-09-30-15-16-14.png

I won't troubleshooting what's broken, it's up to you to test. My suggestion is begin with AutoLogger changes, then move to EventLogs.
"Circular Kernel Context Logger\Start"
"CloudExperienceHostOobe\Start"
"Microsoft-Windows-Setup\Start"

To find out what the problem is, I have tested this error several times, as long as I keep MSMQ and IIS, and set the customization in the settings.

I use this preset configuration to make 22000 without modifying any settings just to enable IIS will cause this bug. Still, removing MSMQ and IIS on top of this preset configuration will result in no pop-ups

Attachments

• X.xml
    34.2 KB
I use this preset configuration to make 22000 without modifying any settings just to enable IIS will cause this bug. Still, removing MSMQ and IIS on top of this preset configuration will result in no pop-ups

You still don't apply OOBE Compatibility.
Doing the same mistake make the same problem!

Attachments

• no obbe comp.png
    no obbe comp.png
    79.4 KB

I added OOBE to the whitelist, but I still have this problem. I can't figure out what's wrong with 22000 and 22621.

Attachments

• 1.xml
    35.2 KB
Checked your 1.xml preset.
The build your'e working on is a release preview and not official stable build (Preview builds of Windows 10 version 22H2).
And not even Windows official timeline can find the build 10.0.22000.1042 you're trying to NTlite.
On UUP you can always find reliable builds - even for workstation - if you, before Create download package add additional editions (see additional builds pic).
And last, Compatibility tab in NTL: Recommended is mandatory too for most people.
In NTL, APPLY show you've a problem with 1.xml preset (pink text).

Attachments

• Additional builds.png
    Additional builds.png
    71.6 KB
  • 1.xml preset.png
    1.xml preset.png
    60.4 KB
Come si come sa, Windows updates is a hell. I stick to the official ones and postpone the patch previews, even for the .NET Framework patches, which new ones for W11 22H2 cannot be found or be applicable via the official site (latest from WU i've is Windows11.0-KB5017026-x64-NDP481), which i can't find officially for download.
Can be coz of GeoFences (NTL) blocked or another altering from Adguard or Popupoff?

Last edited:
WU will select random "early adopters" for update testing. Those updates will be replaced by final versions, and you will never see them again.
But you should be offered September's updates (> 17026).

KB5017267 Sep 2022 CU Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 & 4.8.1 for W11
KB5017029 Sep 2022 CU for .NET Framework 3.5 & 4.8.1 for W11

They will nor adopt to 22H2.
And still .NET update for 22H2 .NET KB5017026 witch installed fine from WU (22621.521) can't be found for download.
Even Search more info from install go to a site NOT giving a link to download from - latest preview .NET is a joke
So you miss my point

Come si come sa, Windows updates is a hell. I stick to the official ones and postpone the patch previews, even for the .NET Framework patches, which new ones for W11 22H2 cannot be found or be applicable via the official site (latest from WU i've is Windows11.0-KB5017026-x64-NDP481), which i can't find officially for download.
Can be coz of GeoFences (NTL) blocked or another altering from Adguard or Popupoff?
If I want to make a mirror of 22000 and 22621
Which version number do you recommend? I want to recreate 22000 and 22621
I downloaded it from uupdump without any problem, right?

22000 is 21H2, 22621 is 22H2. They're almost the same list of components (but not identical). You can start with a 21H2 preset, apply it to 22H2 and change the monthly CU. .NET is the same on both Windows.

A good way to compare differences is run "NTLite.exe /forcelistcomponents /saveallstates". Load each image, and save a preset.
Compare the two presets for differences.

One example:
> <c>em 'Windows Setup EULA Mitigation (EM)'</c>
> <c>homegroup</c>
> <c>hwsupport_fax 'Fax'</c>
> <c>killbits 'ActiveX Compatibility Flags (Killbits)'</c>
> <c>remotefx</c>

< <Feature name="App.Support.QuickAssist~~~~0.0.1.0">true</Feature>
< <Feature name="Printing-XPSServices-Features">true</Feature>
< <Feature name="Print.Fax.Scan~~~~0.0.1.0">true</Feature>
< <Feature name="Windows.Client.ShellComponents~~~~0.0.1.0">true</Feature>

> <Feature name="Microsoft.Wallpapers.Extended~~~~0.0.1.0">true</Feature>
> <Feature name="Language.Handwriting~~~hu-hu~0.0.1.0">false</Feature>
> <Feature name="Microsoft.Windows.Wifi.Client.Intel.Netwtw10~~~~0.0.1.0">true</Feature>
> <Feature name="Printing-XPSServices-Features">false</Feature>
> <Feature name="Microsoft.Windows.Ethernet.Client.Vmware.Vmxnet3~~~~0.0.1.0">true</Feature>
> <Feature name="Print.Fax.Scan~~~~0.0.1.0">false</Feature>
> <Feature name="WMIC~~~~">true</Feature>

Back