Win11 what not?

APiUser

Now I would like someone to tell me what can be removed from Windows 11? Or should I ask you one by one? I only ask because I uninstalled what the free NTLite allowed. When I installed it it said, there's a problem but it will downloaded it and then it will be fine... well it restored Defender as it was and I think it restored other things.

When you install Windows updates, it can restore removed items. That is normal, even for licensed NTLite images. But licensed users can use host refresh to remove the restored items after every update; free edition cannot.

If you don't want this to happen, don't update Windows. You will get the same problem from other modding tools.

Okay, but if I don't move on or allow it, it won't let me move on from the blue screen. Then after a while it won't let me do anything, installs end in a blue death.
That's why I asked what not!!!
1. I used a clean ISO.
2. Applied the updates (10.0.22000.1574).
3. Removed any programs, bloatware
4. created ISO.
All this with Free NTLite.
Then I started the Windows installation.
After a little while after some reboots the above mentioned blue window.
That's it.

Then I started the Windows installation.
After a little while after some reboots the above mentioned blue window.
Please attach the preset demonstrating that blue screen, maybe a screenshot as well to know what to aim for.

Btw to re-remove components after cumulative update, you can also use the free version, Image - Tools - Remove reinstalls, it's a single-operation automated cleanup.
Host refresh on the other hand is only when needed, when updating breaks or want to fully return a component, or you removed Windows Update/Servicing stack compatibility.

I'm a bit disorganised from all the experimentation. Thanks for your reply.
I have attached my setup.
(Sajat_Tulajgonba_Vetel.reg = Take_Ownership.reg)

Attachments

• Auto-a5e673f7.xml
    16.6 KB
nuhi,
I tried again, with different NTLite settings.
(Dism Compatible Remover threw an error, but it always does. Just to mention)

Folks, this is interesting:
I turned off my network and started installing Windows 11.
Incredibly interesting, without a network it continued and installed.
It freezes with network, doesn't install. And downloads everything.
Worth looking at the attached pictures. (Put in order.)

Attachments

• Dism Compatibile Remove.jpg
    Dism Compatibile Remove.jpg
    146.7 KB
  • ntlite_log.zip
    61.8 KB
  • Automatikusan mentett munkamenet a5e673f7.xml
    16.5 KB
  • w11_No_net_Install.zip
    1.3 MB
Last edited:
When you find "A media driver your computer needs is missing" errors, your image is missing a USB, SATA or NVMe driver.

Does the original clean ISO have the same problem installing? Find the correct drivers, extract them to a folder, and have NTLite import them in Drivers before trying again.

Try using a different usb port for your thumb drive, sometimes windows brain farts and a driver is not missing, happens regularly with my laptop, restart using a different port and windows installs without hitch.

That's because you have the optional Dynamic Setup update installed. Dynamic Setup stops and tries to download any updates more recent than what's in your image, before starting install.

I don't recommend it, if you're making new ISO's right before install and you can't block what Dynamic Setup tries to install.

Back