Windows 10 21H1 does not recognize NTLite's integration of Cumulative Update KB5010415

D

Deleted member 9735

Hi

- I have downloaded the official version ISO from microsoft
Win10_21H1_Spanish_x64.iso
- I have used NTLite 2.3.4.8620 64 bits
- I have deleted with NTlite the versions that I am not going to use. I have only left:
Home, Home SL and Pro
- I have mount Home version
- I have added the latest updates to the queue:
ssu-19041.1161-x64_e7e052f5cbe97d708ee5f56a8b575262d02cfaa4
windows10.0-kb5003791-x64_14e7547b08f1b29cae6e41c9f7da5f1347d9955c
windows10.0-kb5009467-x64-ndp48_ab1964ebea987807639c024f82810bf9518ec752
windows10.0-kb5009647-x64_2670e7d4a06ca31caece82602577cdda7e09ef86
windows10.0-kb5010342-x64_f865479b6847db1aab8d436a37a964f31c853887
windows10.0-kb5010415-x64_766d3ac841ef044b339f1e4fdd292381d311659b
windows10.0-kb5010472-x64-ndp48_2ddef186366792bd766bc55a2ee63819e8770e07
- I have selected the option to integrate updates to the Home SL and Pro versions
- When finishing the integration and saving the ISO and then using it, the KB5010415 update downloads it again despite being integrated.

thanks

Attachments

• Sin título.png
    Sin título.png
    1,017.2 KB
  • Sin título2.png
    Sin título2.png
    820.9 KB
  • Sin título3.png
    Sin título3.png
    819.2 KB
Last edited by a moderator:
KB5010342 is Feb '22 CU.
KB5010415 is Feb '22 CU Preview (or early release of Mar '22 CU).

When integrating updates, only pick ONE of the two paths: always the monthly CU, or always the monthly preview.
NEVER USE BOTH.

Home & Home SL (Single Language) are the same thing, except missing non-Spanish languages. Don't need to keep both.

Last edited:
Updates redownloading by the WU can be triggered by the .NET update, LCU Cache deletion, or features configured.

In this particular case, as garlin said try using only one CU, includes .NET as well, you have 2 there as well.

If you confirm that this solves it, I will think about adding a detection and warn on apply.

Btw this should not make any difference, the image is updated correctly if no errors were thrown during integration.
The re-downloading is WU related, not an error, but would be nice to not have to deal with it and avoided those cases.

garlin Isn't NTLite supposed to prevent conflicting updates from being integrated into the ISO, so that these cases don't happen during the OS installation?. Why does NTLite allow them to be integrated, if they should not be integrated?. There is no warning of possible conflict or anything else, when doing the integration, so I would think that they can be integrated, but according to what you say they cannot. So if it can't or isn't recommended, a warning is supposed to appear.

nuhi In the images it seems that there is no error. But I have done other tests and on other computers it does give an error when installing KB5010415 from windows update (previously integrated). So I can't say that nothing happens.

In summary. This program must prevent or at least warn of these conflicts, so that the user does not waste valuable time creating useless ISO images.
Thank you both for answering me and I appreciate your time

I have followed your advice and have not integrated the "preview" versions. However, this brought with it another problem and it is this:

By allowing to integrate all the updates in the different versions, the KB5009647 update is only installed on the first mounted version of my ISO (home), and not on the rest (home SL and Pro). Why? Thanks in advanced

PD: I need both (home and Home SL) inside my ISO for other purposes unrelated to my questions

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla -2022-02-22 09-13-37.png
    Captura de pantalla -2022-02-22 09-13-37.png
    35.8 KB
garlin Isn't NTLite supposed to prevent conflicting updates from being integrated into the ISO, so that these cases don't happen during the OS installation?. Why does NTLite allow them to be integrated, if they should not be integrated?. There is no warning of possible conflict or anything else, when doing the integration, so I would think that they can be integrated, but according to what you say they cannot. So if it can't or isn't recommended, a warning is supposed to appear.

nuhi In the images it seems that there is no error. But I have done other tests and on other computers it does give an error when installing KB5010415 from windows update (previously integrated). So I can't say that nothing happens.

In summary. This program must prevent or at least warn of these conflicts, so that the user does not waste valuable time creating useless ISO images.
Thank you both for answering me and I appreciate your time
Sometimes a package dependency needs deep assessments like DISM does on integration.
Also NTLite tries to offload as much as possible to DISM, Windows own mechanisms, to not reinvent the wheel when it comes to integration.
When some angle to improve user experience is found, steps are taken.

Integrating 2 cumulative updates is not allowed in the tool by default, it will uncheck the other if one is selected, using the Add - Latest updates wizard.
However, if a user adds it as files, it won't complain, it would be too annoying to block your wishes.
Warning, sure, if there was any real issue.

Remember, we are talking here about finding what triggers WU to reprompt, it's a mild annoyance and is widely known even without NTLite.

Please send me the preset demonstrating KB501041 breaking and I'll be able to comment, until then it can be anything.

Thanks.

I have followed your advice and have not integrated the "preview" versions. However, this brought with it another problem and it is this:

By allowing to integrate all the updates in the different versions, the KB5009647 update is only installed on the first mounted version of my ISO (home), and not on the rest (home SL and Pro). Why? Thanks in advanced

PD: I need both (home and Home SL) inside my ISO for other purposes unrelated to my questions
KB5009647 is a Dynamic Update for Setup, meaning it updates the ISO files and boot.wim, so it is needed only once per whole image.

I already did as you said and everything is going well. Could you please answer my other update related KB5009647?
What I do is mount the HOME version. Then I choose only the packages marked by default. and check the version integration box "install 2 win Windows 10 Home single Languaje" and "install win 3 Windows 10 Pro". But when it starts to download and integrate the packages, it only integrates "KB5009647 - Dynamic Update for Windows Setup" to the HOME version. Not to the HOME SL or PRO version. You can see for yourself in the picture

Note: "KB5009647 - Dynamic Update for Windows Setup" (w10) is a .cab file. Not a .MSU file, but it is selected by default in the updates recommended by NTlite
Note: The same thing happens with update "KB5009646 - Dynamic Update for Windows Setup" (w11) (.cab file) in Windows 11 21h1 (it does not select it or integrate it with other versions, only the one that is mounted)

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla -2022-02-22 10-12-58.png
    Captura de pantalla -2022-02-22 10-12-58.png
    52.8 KB
  • Captura de pantalla -2022-02-22 10-19-45.png
    Captura de pantalla -2022-02-22 10-19-45.png
    18.8 KB
  • Captura de pantalla -2022-02-22 14-53-39.png
    Captura de pantalla -2022-02-22 14-53-39.png
    47.1 KB
  • Captura de pantalla -2022-02-22 14-57-57.png
    Captura de pantalla -2022-02-22 14-57-57.png
    36.5 KB
  • Captura de pantalla -2022-02-22 14-58-10.png
    Captura de pantalla -2022-02-22 14-58-10.png
    27.6 KB
This is expected. DU Setup doesn't belong inside the install.wim.

For an explanation of how DU integration works:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/update/media-dynamic-update

TaskWinRE (winre.wim)WinPE (boot.wim)Operating system (install.wim)New media
Add servicing stack Dynamic Update1918
Add language pack21019
Add localized optional packages311
Add font support412
Add text-to-speech513
Update Lang.ini14
Add Features on Demand20
Add Safe OS Dynamic Update6
Add Setup Dynamic Update26
Add latest cumulative update1521
Clean up the image71622
Add Optional Components23
Add .NET and .NET cumulative updates24
Export image81725

Step 26 - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...a-dynamic-update#update-remaining-media-files
You unzip DU CAB to the ISO's \sources folder, which is shared by all images. So NTLite only does this one time.

Update remaining media files​

This part of the script updates the Setup files. It simply copies the individual files in the Setup Dynamic Update package to the new media. This step brings an updated Setup.exe as needed, along with the latest compatibility database, and replacement component manifests.

PowerShell
#
# update remaining files on media
#

# Add Setup DU by copy the files from the package into the newMedia
Write-Output "$(Get-TS): Adding package $SETUP_DU_PATH"
cmd.exe /c $env:SystemRoot\System32\expand.exe $SETUP_DU_PATH -F:* $MEDIA_NEW_PATH"\sources" | Out-Null

I will try to do what you say because after following your first instructions, the ISO image is unusable

Attachments

• VirtualBox_test_22_02_2022_15_45_23.png
    VirtualBox_test_22_02_2022_15_45_23.png
    35.4 KB
here it is

Attachments

• Sesión guardada automáticamente 81d7760e.xml
    5 KB
Your preset looks clean, maybe a VirtualBox issue? What happens when you boot the original Win10_21H1_Spanish_x64.iso?

I have tried it on PCs, laptops, virtualbox and the same thing happens.
Do what I did.
- Download original microsoft ISO 21h1
- just leave the Home, Home SL and Pro versions (remove the rest)
- Mount Home
- Add the default updates proposed by NTLite
- Select to integrate them also to Home SL and Pro (already at this point the first problem of the .cab update begins to appear)
- Save ISO and Apply
- Try the ISO and you will see the result

PD: When I integrate all the updates (including the preview) this does not happen

The screen error suggests UEFI/Secure Boot or legacy BIOS mismatch. That's why I suggested booting the untouched MS ISO to confirm.

- The ISO image is original downloaded from the microsoft website. I use it every day and it's fine..
- I have tested the ISO NTLite on UEFI and BIOS/Legacy systems, on PCs, laptops, virtuabox. They all get the same error.
- This error does not appear if I integrate all the updates (those recommended by NTlite + the others)
- The error does not appear in the HOME version (the one I mounted). It only comes out in the Home SL and Pro versions.

You say: "This is expected. DU Setup does not belong inside install.wim", however KB5009647 (.cab) integrates very well with the HOME version and not with HOME SL or PRO, so there is a contradiction here, because if it integrates well, it is not necessary to do the procedure indicated in PowerShell.
I don't know what relationship KB5009647 has with the error, but it's no coincidence that the HOME version that has it integrated works well and the others don't.

PD: I have reviewed some posts on the internet and almost all places recommend not to use the option to integrate updates with other versions of the ISO because it fails. That it is best to integrate the updates version by version

KB5009647 is a Dynamic Update for Setup, meaning it updates the ISO files and boot.wim, so it is needed only once per whole image.
I'm not too sure about your statement. Maybe you should reconsider. KB5009647 integrates with HOME and not with HOME SL or Pro. And when testing the ISO, HOME works. HOME SL and Pro fail

PD: I have downloaded the updates and reloaded a fresh ISO and now according to the image NTLite KB500947 appears 2 times. One unmarked (external) and the other marked. this is very strange. Please replicate the scenario and check

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla -2022-02-23 08-44-27.png
    Captura de pantalla -2022-02-23 08-44-27.png
    68.3 KB
Did you read the PowerShell? It's wrapper which executes the only command:
expand CAB -f:*.* \sources

There's nothing to integrate, DU is extracted to the ISO folder. No matter how many images are inside install.wim, there is one ISO folder.
If you say DU "integration" failed, using this logic -- Home SL & Pro would be missing an optional feature which would not stop them from installing.

I believe you're experiencing real issues, but like your Error 277 yesterday there's something wrong about your setup. Under Settings, I would clean both the Updates cache and NTLite's temp folders to be sure.

Did you read the PowerShell? It's wrapper which executes the only command:
expand CAB -f:*.* \sources

There's nothing to integrate, DU is extracted to the ISO folder. No matter how many images are inside install.wim, there is one ISO folder.
If you say DU "integration" failed, using this logic -- Home SL & Pro would be missing an optional feature which would not stop them from installing.

I believe you're experiencing real issues, but like your Error 277 yesterday there's something wrong about your setup. Under Settings, I would clean both the Updates cache and NTLite's temp folders to be sure.

- I am using several machines and in all of them the error 277 came out during the integration of the windows 7 updates and in the second attempt it did not come out again. And that's why I asked you to close this thread. I don't know why, it's up to the developer to investigate.
- My working method is that I use a clean machine every time I am going to perform an integration operation, with a new ISO. So it's not a cache problem.
- referring to KB5009647. What I am currently doing is creating an ISO and NOT integrating the KB5009647 update to the w10 versions (I will only integrate the cumulative update). Then I create another ISO doing the same and additionally, executing the powershell command and posting the results
- about "There's nothing to integrate". if your statement is correct, then why does NTlite recommend KB5009647 to be integrated into the ISO? (and in fact it does it only with the first version and not with the others)

I would recommend that you do what I do: carry out the corresponding tests and then publish the conclusions, before making statements that do not conform to reality.

Back