Windows 7 Stuck At Preparing For First Use

Is it because of uac settings? or?
This is windows 7 Enterprise tr msdn iso

windows-7-install-19-56a6f8d05f9b58b7d0e5c209.jpg

Attachments

• Kokteyl 7.xml
    8.3 KB
Hi ege914,

I just now tried your preset with Win7 Ultimate 32-bit using the new version, it passed fine.
However, if you would please retry with the new 5950 version, if it fails, I'll get your exact ISO and retest.
Make sure ISO wasn't pre-edited at least to isolate the cause so I can replicate on my side.

Thanks.

I think i solved it, it was because of oobe.cmd.... when i deleted it. it passed that screen interesting..

btw do you think adding easy interfaced aio feature to ntlite? because 3rd party tools always makes setup fail with lots of different errors when there is both x64 and x86 with 7 and 10 together... One day i want to make one iso to rule them all :D

I think i solved it, it was because of oobe.cmd.... when i deleted it. it passed that screen interesting.

I have an OOBE.cmd without problems in Pro and Ultimate and 'WinAIO Maker Professional' do the job for multiboot.

Maybe enterprise is little bit different or my oobe is possibly more compex than yours...

winaio maker sucks for me always gives me error when i combine 4 wim files
win7x86
win7x64
win10x86
win10x64
windows intallation only sees one edition even if ei.cfg is removed..... and if it sees win7 x86 setup fails. etc etc etc...

and winaio maker cannot work on esd files. if i include updates i cannot setup uefi because its wim>4gb

Maybe enterprise is little bit different or my oobe is possibly more compex than yours...

winaio maker sucks for me always gives me error when i combine 4 wim files
win7x86
win7x64
win10x86
win10x64
windows intallation only sees one edition even if ei.cfg is removed..... and if it sees win7 x86 setup fails. etc etc etc...

and winaio maker cannot work on esd files. if i include updates i cannot setup uefi because its wim>4gb
I have read that you get an error when setup.exe in boot.wim is different from install.wim so, if that is the problem, another tool won't solve your problem.
I have seen people with the same problem, they can see only one edition instead of all stored in the WIM image, not a big deal.
Win 10 have an ei.cfg file?

For UEFI setup, i have read that the uefi boot file to work needs to be stored in a FAT32 partition (without doing anything else as in BIOS) and most of us know about the FAT32 limitations.

if that tool could work with esd files, i could solve my aio under 4gb. and i could setup uefi. that 3rd party software cant handle esd files. or cant convert to esd file at the end. so yeah thats limitation for me. ntlite could do it.

i am not a techinician or computer engineer just an architect doing these for hobby so i dont know setup.exe or boot.wim and what they do and what to do with them. a clever aio software would take and use whatever needed from each editions folder... so thats why i asked these to ntlite's dev. maybe he can include that feature. yeah maybe its not a big deal but still it is always buggy and not easy to use for me.

if that tool could work with esd files, i could solve my aio under 4gb. and i could setup uefi. that 3rd party software cant handle esd files. or cant convert to esd file at the end. so yeah thats limitation for me. ntlite could do it.

WinAIO Maker can join wim images, NTLite can convert to ESD but NTLite wouldn't solve the problem if the setup.exe issue is "by design".

if i want to combine

win7x86
win7x64
win10x86
win10x64

what changes should i make?

which setup.exe and boot.wim should be inside final iso? with no ei.cfg i suppose.

the thing about setup exe is irrevelant to my issue.

and editions menu doesnt explain my error

thx for trying.

@ege914, ok, for oobe.cmd since tool doesn't touch that, I have no helpful tips.
AIO wizard for now is not on the radar, this is something it would probably do:
- Exporting from one WIM to another for aggregating editions
- using compatible boot.wim (latest 32-bit for all if using any 32-bit editions), best is to start from that ISO, just replace install.wim with above
- delete ei.cfg (in Components so preset remembers it)
- make sure that unattended file is not targetting one edition (enable Dual Architecture in NTLite's Unattended toolbar)

should be enough without any wizard, once set, just update that install.wim exporting editions into it, deleting older ones.

Back