"Windows cannot access files required for installation" error

juquer

Greetings everyone! I need help creating a .esd format Windows 10 Pro with 2 versions like one is with windows defender and the other is non-defender. It works with .wim format but when I converted it to .esd, I always get this "Windows cannot access files required for installation" error in install process with one of the version I made. Thank you so much in advance.

I would post a copy of NTLite.log, captured right when you convert the WIM to ESD format. Does an unmodified (clean) image have the same problem? Does the error come up in the first few % of Setup copying files, or further along?

I would post a copy of NTLite.log, captured right when you convert the WIM to ESD format. Does an unmodified (clean) image have the same problem? Does the error come up in the first few % of Setup copying files, or further along?
Hi! I cannot post a copy right now, I'm not at home. The clean version does not have the same problem. The error comes right after selecting the 2nd version, the first version works but when I choose the 2nd version the error appears.

Whenever you're ready, I would try this test:

Export the 2nd image out of the WIM (select image, right-mouse menu, Export). Move your original install.wim to a safe location. Rename the exported WIM install.wim and convert to ESD. See if the error is a function of the image itself, or result of ESD conversion.

Export the 2nd image out of the WIM (select image, right-mouse menu, Export). Move your original install.wim to a safe location. Rename the exported WIM install.wim and convert to ESD. See if the error is a function of the image itself, or result of ESD conversion.
after moving the original install.wim to a safe location, I will put back the exported 2nd image and renamed install.wim back to iso structure before converting it to esd, right?

I tried your suggestion already. I tried to install it on virtual machine and it runs fine. But the thing is, when I append an image which makes it two images in ESD format, the error persists.

Heres the conversion log of your suggestion:

12/6/2022 3:31:41 PM Exporting D:\Extracted\sources\install.wim:1 -> D:\Extracted\sources\install.esd
12/6/2022 3:31:41 PM - WL Export
12/6/2022 3:31:41 PM Image compression: 2
12/6/2022 4:03:47 PM #
12/6/2022 4:03:47 PM Remove item from the list: Operating systems | install.wim
12/6/2022 4:03:47 PM - Forget image Operating systems | install.wim
12/6/2022 4:03:47 PM Cleaning mount directory
12/6/2022 4:03:47 PM Cleaning mount directory
12/6/2022 4:03:47 PM Completed - Cleaning mount directory
12/6/2022 4:03:47 PM - UnReg (di:0)
12/6/2022 4:03:47 PM Cleaning
12/6/2022 4:03:47 PM Waiting for other operations to finish
12/6/2022 4:03:47 PM Completed
12/6/2022 4:03:47 PM - Gather image list
12/6/2022 4:03:47 PM Save settings
12/6/2022 4:03:47 PM Load image list
12/6/2022 4:03:47 PM GRS
12/6/2022 4:03:47 PM ICC

To summarize:
- Both images work in the same WIM.
- 2nd image works by itself as single image ESD.
- But only the 2nd fails when it's a two image ESD?
- No problems with unmodded ESD.

I guess it would be up to nuhi to try duplicating your ISO. Can you DM him, and pass along your presets?
This exact problem hasn't been reported recently, so it's not clear if NTLIte has a bug, or it's specific to your user environment.

To summarize:
- Both images work in the same WIM.
- 2nd image works by itself as single image ESD.
- But only the 2nd fails when it's a two image ESD?
- No problems with unmodded ESD.

I guess it would be up to nuhi to try duplicating your ISO. Can you DM him, and pass along your presets?
This exact problem hasn't been reported recently, so it's not clear if NTLIte has a bug, or it's specific to your user environment.
You sum it right. Thanks for your time. I will try to DM Nuhi.

Back