Windows custom image error about boot configuration

peter.pan

I am having following issue with installing custom windows 10 iso created with NTlite. This error happens right at the end of setup after all the files a copied etc.

Error.png

My source is 19042.572.201009-1947.20h2.esd which I had downloaded from Microsoft directly and converted it to WIM using NTLite. As you can see from the screenshot below that it came with multiple editions and I loaded the Enterprise N edition and used it to create a customized ISO file. In this ISO I also added some drivers and created unattended setup settings.
Screenshot 2.png
My target computer is Lenono X1 Carbon 4th Edition. I made bootable USB using Rufus and I created both MBR and GPT partitioning for USB as well as all combinations of UEFI, Legacy mode as well as Secure Boot ON and OFF. I have even tried to repair the MBR as suggested by many people online using the following commands but nothing has worked.
bootrec /RebuildBcd
bootrec /fixMbr
bootrec /fixboot

I have also attached my session info/preset if that helps

Attachments

• preset.txt
    12.6 KB
Last edited:
Had a similar problems. The only i have found that you need a multiboot medium and select manually which system you want to install.

Back