Windows Store Error 0x80070002, am I missing a pre-requisite?

mkaracsony81

Hi Nuhi,

I'm unable to download any kind of app from the store, as it gives me an 0x80070002 error code.
As I've removed quite a lot I suspect that I'm missing something. Could you please double check my preset please? Thank You!

Kind Regards,
Miklos

Attachments

• Auto-saved session {7547A0D5-39D9-44E0-BE62-7805C6F7DF59}.xml
    6.7 KB
I'm not asking you to babysit me while using your software, just wanted to make sure that it's not an error in NTLite itself. And if it's not, then a nudge in the correct direction would be welcome. :) Thanks again!

Start again, using (load) the uploaded preset.

Go to Components page

Toolbar - button Compatibility
Check Windows Update and related to Apps or the Store
Apply

I'm stuck with 7 so, can't remember all the options for 8 - 10.

So in other words I have to have Windows Update in order to use the store feature. That's disappointing as it does not allow for removal of the component store. :( I'm deliberately using 1709 as it was the last version to support Homegroup feature. I've applied the latest available Cumulative Update as well as Microcode & .net 4.8 so I don't really need the Windows Update functionality. Anyway, thank you for the answer.

Never heard of that app before
you need to hang in the right places :cool:, he lives in another forum and is easy to find. he updates it regularly to keep up with ms's sneakiness.
browse through all my links below when you have some spare time, theres lots of interesting stuff here and other places.

Last edited:
I've managed to get it working without any kind of 3rd party tool. Just had to disable automatic updates via group policy. Also removed the WinSxS cache and the store still works (updates are broken though but that's to be expected with the manifest cache removed). Attached the preset for someone who's wrestling with the same problem :)

Attachments

• Auto-saved session {42282BDF-1EEB-4416-B5E2-560BA8D9DD6F}.xml
    9.8 KB
Back