Windows updates are being skipped during slip streaming?

Lordvader

hey guys so I definitely did a search in the forums before posting this so please don't roast me too hard ....‍

Anyways, i'm a bit of a noob and I just use the application for basic slip streaming and customization nothing to in depth ..
I grabbed a retail ISO copy of Win11 from Microsoft went through the steps to slipstream all of the latest updates .. when executing it says that it skipped several of the updates but gives no explanation as to why .. ??

isn't it supposed to scan the loaded version of windows and only suggest downloading and slip streaming updates that are missing or required ?
If that is the case why did it download the updates but then skip adding them to the image ??

Updates which are not applicable, or superseded (replaced) are skipped. This question can't be answered without a copy of your preset (after you remove any user passwords or product keys).

Thanks.

KB5019103 - Setup Dynamic Update Oct 22 (not required + superseded)
KB5019980 - Nov 22 CU
KB5021310 - Setup Dynamic Update Nov 22 (not required)
KB5020044 - Nov 22 Preview CU (supersedes the normal monthly)
KB5011048 - .NET 4.8.1 (optional)
KB5012170 - Secure Boot DBX (UEFI firmware security fix)
KB5020622 - .NET 4.8.1 Nov 22

This preset has two sets of superseded updates: Setup Dynamic Update and monthly CU.

Setup Dynamic Update is optional, and should be avoided if you're always making a new ISO right before installing. It has no benefit other than checking for a newer set of updates right when you do clean installs. Which is pointless if you made an updated image.

For any month, choose the normal monthly or monthly preview CU, but not BOTH. The preview is next month's update available for early testing. It supercedes the same month's update by definition.

You installed .NET 4.8.1, which is optional. Almost no apps require it right now. Both 4.8 and 4.8.1 can live on the same system, but 4.8 is more important since almost all current .NET apps are 4.8-based. Install the 4.8 update.

NTLite will skip over updates which have newer versions already assigned. It does no harm, but you ought to keep the list clean.

Thank you for confirming that !!

I do have one more question ..... specifically relating to system settings when making customizations on the image.
Ntlite has the option to disable most of the requirements for the Windows 11 install to Bypass Windows 11 CPU, TPM, Secure Boot, and RAM Requirements but i dont see where it has the option to disable the requirment of either setting up a Microsoft account or logging in with a Microsoft account when doing a clean install ... and it's annoying to always have to go in with a command prompt to bypass..
Is there a setting within ntlite that I am missing ??

Right above Bypass TPM and Storage, is BypassNRO for Microsoft Accounts. It's an inside joke in English (N-RO = enroll).

Back