Won't Launch (32 or 64 bit version or betas)

strager

Good Afternoon,

We are trying to use NTLite to create a slipstream version of Windows 10. On multiple computers, we tried to install and run and it just crashes silently.

Event Viewer shows the following:

Faulting application name: NTLite.exe, version: 1.8.0.7240, time stamp: 0x5ddd6f0e
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000
Faulting process id: 0x4f98
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5aeb51764c00e
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\NTLite\NTLite.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 67c9fb3b-8b52-4ab1-9d7c-4c158630a73f
Faulting package full name:

We've tried compatibility mode, no AV, everything we can think of - even tried the beta versions of the software in case this was something that was fixed. Please assist.

Hi,

probably some kind of domain lockdown, process protection.

- Last time I heard of this was due to an F-Secure security application that was automatically deployed to the domain users, so the user wasn't aware it was running in the background.
So if you're not the admin, try to contact the admin to analyze if anything is locked via policies or there is a security tool in the background.

- Also DEP enforcement settings may influence it, let me know if anything special there

- Make sure the certificate checking can be confirmed, and/or disable SmartScreen

This is the third time ever that I got this report in years, and last 2 times it was some kind of protection in place.

If you can get a dump crash, that would be helpful to go over the loaded DLLs.
Also if you google that error, anything can invoke it, plenty of ideas.

Thanks.

We're looking into it - we do have CarbonBlack, but it's telling us it's not touching the process....In the interim, we threw up a non-networked system to build the image on.

Back