Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Win 7 or 10 for Gaming setup?

I am a streamer and have been having problems with my system while streaming. I originally had an i7 6700k, 980 Ti, 16gb DDR4, OCZ RD400 NVME M.2 and as soon as I would start OBS to stream in Win 10, I would max out CPU to 100% so I decided to upgrade my system to Ryzen 7 1800x with same components and tested again and STILL 100% CPU usage as soon as I start streaming... I would like to know what you would recommend PLEASE. I was told that I can go to Win 7 but some of my items are not compatible so if I stay with 10, I NEED to super slim it down so it is not so resource heavy.

I would appreciate your input as to what I can take out of Win 7 or 10 to make it a lighter build and not eat up the resources and still use my items. I have downloaded the Asus EZ installer that is SUPPOSED to place the USB drivers into ISO but it fails when I get to ~77% every time. I have all of the drivers downloaded and also have NTLite. I just need to figure out if I go with 7, how to get all of my things to work on the OS properly or if I stay with 10 Pro, what needs to go in order to reduce the CPU usage of this hog!

Thank you VERY much!!

Items I currently use:

Ryzen 7 1800x AM4 CPU
Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero
Toshiba OCZ RD400 NVME M.2 SSD
Corsair Vengeance DDR4
Nvidia GTX 980 Ti GPU
G.Skill RIPJAWS KM780R MX Keyboard
Logitech Proteus G502 RGB Mouse
Logitech C920 Pro WebCam
Elgato Stream Deck
MSI Optix G27C2 27" 1080P Monitor