Clanger's Windows 7 Professional 64-bit [End Of Extended Support capture]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clanger

Staff member
W7-EOL-SAFE-LITE-20220617.
Being updated for End Of Extended Support.
Windows 7 Professional 64bit, en-us, update to End Of Life(January 14th 2020), non ESU, added .Net 4.8 and Internet Explorer 11, captured with GimageX using only default exlusion list. All cleanups done with NTLite using W7-EOL-SAFE-LITE-20220617.xml.

removed 3rd party published drivers, uneeded keyboards and languages - you must keep those you need.
No tweaks, just removals. ISO size 3.19GB.

Attachments

• W7-EOL-SAFE-LITE-20220617.xml
    18.7 KB
Last edited:
i used your preset and got error with iso 7601.24214.180801-1700.win7sp1_ldr_escrow_CLIENT_ULTIMATE_x64FRE_en-us.iso

Someone share the win7 pre-installation file for me. Thank you very much

1713663773660.png

Clanger is away from this site, so I don't know if you can get a quick response.

This preset doesn't remove too many critical components; I believe it's a continuation of another personal W7 image. Since you're using VMware, check if your VM's advanced settings are configured for W7 guest OS, and using the correct BIOS mode.

I'm sorry about my stupidity

The problem is not with the xml file or Iso Lite. The iso file installs fine on the real machine. The problem is that it cannot be installed on vmware
Need help with this issue

Make sure you're using the proper settings in VMware.
Options / Guest operating system / Version -> W7
Options / Advanced / Firmware type -> BIOS

i used your preset and got error with iso 7601.24214.180801-1700.win7sp1_ldr_escrow_CLIENT_ULTIMATE_x64FRE_en-us.iso

Someone share the win7 pre-installation file for me. Thank you very much

View attachment 11676

Make sure you're using the proper settings in VMware.
Options / Guest operating system / Version -> W7
Options / Advanced / Firmware type -> BIOS
I'm sure. I finished installing and booted for the first time with this error
The error keeps repeating here

i know adguard lists it but as far as i am aware that iso isnt a kosher microsoft iso.

Quote by abbodi
you should not use that ISO, it's badly updated, and not official

ie - its an internet frankenbrew.
garlin - do the necessary please.
Topic was intended to be a "for imformation purposes only" post(should really have been locked), i didnt have the ability to lock back in 22 and later i forgot about it.

At this point i would delete the thread if i could, its not a gamer thread so it wont be missed.

Last edited:
W7 escrow edition is a legitimate VLSC ISO, but frowned on for building custom images, because it's already updated with a different patch set. These images are provided to clients for testing purposes, not for image building. You would have to redo the KB list, and it's always better to begin with a clean SP1 image.

The problem is most latecomers don't have an original SP1 ISO, and stick to the escrow edition as their only option. Which I would say to them, try harder while you're searching online.

As Clanger didn't intend to leave this thread open for follow-on questions, it's now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back