Many problems (Windows 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows 10 User

The Advanced Startup feature doesn't show up below the Reset this PC one on a VM but oddly it shows up on the host. This problem doesn't happen if I do a clean install using an untouched image both on the host and on a VM.

There are times I can't install an edited Windows 10 image on a VM created by Hyper-V because even before the install process starts I have an error message. Most of the times after resetting the VM and running the installer again I can proceed with the install process, though. This also happens if I do a clean untouched image install on the host but I don't remember if I have it if I do a clean untouched image install, a clean edited image install or both ways on a VM created by Hyper-V afterwards.

After using MSMG ToolKit and NTLite sfc /scannow states: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.".

Attachments

• 28418115_10213990488423689_821790278_o.jpg
    28418115_10213990488423689_821790278_o.jpg
    26.1 KB
  • sfc scannow.png
    sfc scannow.png
    33.3 KB
  • 39jxCfk.png
    39jxCfk.png
    42.1 KB
Last edited:
- for the unknown driver, check the hardware ID and see online what it is (you can ctrl+c there, pick the longest to start with). Screenshot attached.

- so sometimes hyper-v machine doesn't start is you're telling me, and recreating it makes it start. That could be a hyper-v issue, or misconfiguration, like not giving enough RAM to the VM. Set at least 2GB.

- typing password 6 times makes the VM reset? Never heard of that, Windows usually times you out if trying too many times.
Sounds like your Hyper-V is broken somehow, if you get it to repeatably fail, and it is because host machine is configured in a certain way, let me know how.

- will check OneDrive and report back.

Attachments

• CropImage.png
    CropImage.png
    8.3 KB
- for the unknown driver, check the hardware ID and see online what it is (you can ctrl+c there, pick the longest to start with). Screenshot attached.

- so sometimes hyper-v machine doesn't start is you're telling me, and recreating it makes it start. That could be a hyper-v issue, or misconfiguration, like not giving enough RAM to the VM. Set at least 2GB.

- typing password 6 times makes the VM reset? Never heard of that, Windows usually times you out if trying too many times.
Sounds like your Hyper-V is broken somehow, if you get it to repeatably fail, and it is because host machine is configured in a certain way, let me know how.

- will check OneDrive and report back.

I know how to do it but since it isn't installed and Device Manager doesn't detect missing drivers after removing it is it ok not to install it?

I have this problem for some years no matter how much memory I assign to a VM (even after assigning 4 GB). This also happens if I do a clean untouched image install on the host but I don't remember if I have it if I do a clean untouched image install, a clean edited image install or both ways on a VM afterwards so it might not be NTLite's fault.

I also have this problem for some years. This also happens if I do a clean untouched image install on the host and if I do a clean untouched image install on a VM afterwards so it mustn't be NTLite's fault.

I think another user mentioned this. Maybe it has to be removed (which I can't since I don't a paid license)?

Last edited:
Kinda obvious, but to debug NTLite, you must try only NTLite and provide a preset demonstrating an issue.
No steps like MSMG ToolKit or similar, that changes Windows on its own and we cannot know what is the actual cause of the problem.
Meaning, don't remove any packages with either, DISM removes too much with Packages, especially in 1903 and 1909, breaking Windows.

Kinda obvious, but to debug NTLite, you must try only NTLite and provide a preset demonstrating an issue.
No steps like MSMG ToolKit or similar, that changes Windows on its own and we cannot know what is the actual cause of the problem.
Meaning, don't remove any packages with either, DISM removes too much with Packages, especially in 1903 and 1909, breaking Windows.

I have the first 2 problems when using only NTLite and I already provided a preset.

Also, you said you wanted to make NTLite compatible with MSMG ToolKit.

I already replied to these points above.
Open a new topic if there are any issues that were not addressed, and make a title a bit more descriptive.
Use latest version when retesting, and no other changes, unless testing for other tool compatibilities, in which case let me know in one example what breaks and what needs to be done first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back