Windows 10 & 11 in ISO, both appear fine. But W10 LTSC not in list?

This ISO is probably missing an EI.cfg file, which is required if the target PC has a Windows license in the BIOS.

If Setup detects an OEM product key, or previously installed copy of Windows, it will default to only offering the same Edition for installation. To allow other editions to be listed, you need to create EI.cfg in the ISO's sources folder.

Copy this to sources\EI.cfg:
Code:
[Channel]
_DEFAULT

[VL]

Attachments

• Windows 11 x64-2024-02-01-20-10-53.png
    Windows 11 x64-2024-02-01-20-10-53.png
    23.1 KB
This ISO is probably missing an EI.cfg file, which is required if the target PC has a Windows license in the BIOS.

If Setup detects an OEM product key, or previously installed copy of Windows, it will default to only offering the same Edition for installation. To allow other editions to be listed, you need to create EI.cfg in the ISO's sources folder.

Copy this to sources\EI.cfg:
Code:
[Channel]
_DEFAULT

[VL]
I did that, still getting the same problem.
EDIT: figured it out. Turned out to be the product key. I still want product key for 10 and 11 pro, but don't want one for LTSC. Is this possible?
Another edit: it fails to install, I think because LTSC IoT is only available in English United States, whereas my other ISOs are in English International. Think I will just stick to having 10 + 11 pro in 1 ISO, and have LTSC on separate thumb drive.

Last edited:
Unattended mode has no way to specify a per-SKU product key, and it's global for all images.

However, you can embed a per-image answer file (which has the correct key), but that's more work when you have several images. I would skip licensing in Unattended, and instead add a Post-Setup script to run slmgr.vbs, based on the installed SKU.

The other limitation is boot.wim's language edition has to match the install image's language edition. So you can't mix EN-US and EN-Intl on the same ISO.

Back