"Other User" logon screen

mrnike

Hi everyone,

I customized my first OS image today. It went ok, except that i got this "Other User" logon screen, after rebooting, asking me for a password which i did not set. After that, i edited the image and set "Display last user name in logon screen" at default and disabled rufus' "Set a local account using the same name as this user's", as per this post. At next fresh install's reboot, i still got the "other user" logon screen, but was able to enter my username without a password and log in.

But this enoys me and i would like to find the name i specified instead of this bloody "other user". I guess something is messed up with user accounts and i don't like it.

On the top of that, i don't have the "users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" option on the "user accounts" settings.

I enabled "NoLockScreen" and disabled "EnableFirstLogonAnimation". Could that be the reason of the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nico

Attachments

• Auto-sauvegardée 247d3150.xml
    15.9 KB
Out of Box Experience (OOBE) will create a temporary user account during Windows setup. When OOBE fails, defaultuser0 is not removed and gets presented as the "Other User".

Open your preset with Notepad, and try removing this line:
Code:
                               <Tweak name="System\DisableAutomaticRestartSignOn">1</Tweak>

I don't believe you can enable setting until after your first logon.

I think it is these tweaks that annoy you:

System\DontDisplayLastUserName
System\DontDisplayLockedUserId

GL

Thanks for your replies, folks.
I re-enabled
Code:
System\DontDisplayLastUserName
System\DontDisplayLockedUserId

But did not remove
Code:
<Tweak name="System\DisableAutomaticRestartSignOn">1</Tweak>

The problem seems to have disappeared.
Will do some further testing and post back if any problem arises.

After having installed the new image, i noticed that the start menu expands the left pane automatically when hovering over with the mouse. Do you know wheather there is an option in ntlite to configure this ? Tks

There isn't - it's a Windows thing.
It's possible to hide the left part of the startmenu to icons get visible when hoovering over.
Settings/ Start Menu/ App list - set to Hidden (Policy).

Thanks for your help, mate.
Unfortunately that didn't work.
Seems to be no way around it. Looks like i'm gonna have to live with it or switch to Linux ;)

Back