Do you use NTLite beta's?

As i suggested Garlin - give beta a separate thread.
Test subjects are always welcome as the pharmaceutical industry demands.

No, but I've been using Windows 10 so there aren't many interesting new features for me.

Nightlies for the win.

Main upgrade in the beta is the post-setup page, this short testing period is just to see if people have old preset loading issues, or don't like the UI changes.
Plan is to release it next Tuesday as stable, if such a report does not come or is fixed before it.

I carry out tests with it (portable version which however does not remain updated) above all to "understand" what to expect from the new version

Nightlies for the win.

Main upgrade in the beta is the post-setup page, this short testing period is just to see if people have old preset loading issues, or don't like the UI changes.
Plan is to release it next Tuesday as stable, if such a report does not come or is fixed before it.
Nuhi, I found you 2, 3 bugs :eek: :p

Not tested with beta, but it should be there too ;)

Clanger I think a poll would be better and anyone who wants can comment in more detail.

I understand that the purpose of the topic is to know how many people use the beta version in general, not the current one specifically.

I always used the beta in the past, but then it stopped existing and came back again. I've had little time so I've preferred the stable version, but who knows maybe that will change in the future. The new features in post-setup are interesting :)

I'm always behind a few releases, so that I have the "you're using an old NTLite" experience. Helps me bond with the newbies.

Still wondering why I am rocking a Dec 2023 build as the main release?

Didn't we used to get a new "official" about every month or so?

Whatever is going into the next one - has been "going in" for a long time

S

While I would love to believe that - it is most certainly not always the case.
Please explain pertaining to this app? This app has never let me down and if there was a issue it got solved. In Ntlite I trust the process and development!

Please explain pertaining to this app? This app has never let me down and if there was a issue it got solved. In Ntlite I trust the process and development!
I am not saying the NT lite is letting anyone down. (or has let anyone down) but "baking" something longer - does not always mean "better".

I am saying that (historically speaking) NT Lite "usually" has an official production release about every month of so.

But here we are going well past three months since the last one - and I am just wondering why is all.

S

I am not saying the NT lite is letting anyone down. (or has let anyone down) but "baking" something longer - does not always mean "better".

I am saying that (historically speaking) NT Lite "usually" has an official production release about every month of so.

But here we are going well past three months since the last one - and I am just wondering why is all.

S
He has stated this update was going to take longer but worth the wait.

Download the beta, it's on the site.

New​

Post-Setup: Page redesigned, ‘Machine’ box is now ‘Before logon’ group, ‘User’ is ‘After logon’
Post-Setup: Integrate background photo support (Add – File – change Type to Background after adding to the list)
Post-Setup: Integrate directory support
Post-Setup: Destination path changeable and has auto-complete. For copy and background types. Overwriting a file preserves original permissions
Post-Setup: Destination mode changeable. Choose ‘Image’, stored inside the WIM/ESD, or ‘ISO’, stored on the ISO
Post-Setup: Type changeble, files can be just copied or copied and ran. Commands can be switched on the fly from before to after logon
Post-Setup: Rename support for existing file and directories
UI: Page navigation menu now has a number badge indicator of added or changed items for that page
UI: Added hover buttons to the appropriate pages, quicky and intuitively insert items
Settings: ‘Dynamic lock’ option

Upgrade​

Unattended: Default Recovery partition size increased from 499 to 700MB on Win10+
Images: Disabling image Edit menu while processing previous command
Images: Support for Unload all mounted per WIM/ESD selection
Updates: Downloading updates if cannot connect will prompt for retry or cancel
Updates: Defender update ARM64 architecture support (fixes popup on loading ARM64 images)
Components: Reactive compatibility description of ‘Locked by’ extra info on components
Components: ‘OneDrive’ removal won’t be setting OneDrive disable policy as well. To set as before, use the Settings page in conjuction
Components: ‘Shared Experiences’, ‘StartMenu’ and ‘Easy Transfer’ remove more, expanded by the cumulative updates
Components: ‘File Explorer (Extensions)’ removal support for Windows 11 23H2, does not break Explorer

Fix​

Components: ‘Sounds’ default removed defaults to None in Sound settings
Components: ‘Text Input Management Service’ removal in a certain scenario could have caused a blank screen on Win11
Components: ‘RDP Client’ 32-bit removal was blocked if 64-bit version kept
Post-Setup: Command prompt popup for ‘Before logon (Machine)’ commands during setup in some cases
Images: Unloading all at once manually from the folder could keep install image loaded if the WinRE and Boot.wim were mounted as well
Images: WinRE image handling, should fix rare crashes in processing combinations
Updates: Check for tool updates default version pre-selection improvements

Back