1809 LTSC: Removing XBox/GameDVR/GameMode without killing FSO

MT_

1809 LTSC: Removing XBox/GameDVR/GameMode without killing Full Screen Optimization? (Its an option as a per executable on compatibility tab)

Is it possible? Currently removing Xbox (On LTSC which doesnt have xbox app either way) removes 'Game Settings' from Settings including GameDVR and GameMode.

Sadly it also makes FSO non functional which does realistically have nothing to with a Game Overlay nor GameMode.

FSE is a technique to change how a full screen exclusive game is being presented and alt+tab in this mode is instant.

Thx!

I don't know how to answer your question but what good does this Full Screen Optimization do? You can alt tab instantly if you choose fullscreen(windowed) mode in many games.

also it kills multiplayer functionality on games... so i don't erase them anymore and yes fullscreen(windowed) is better anyways and gives more performance on my system approx 2-3fps

I don't know how to answer your question but what good does this Full Screen Optimization do? You can alt tab instantly if you choose fullscreen(windowed) mode in many games.

There are >always< consequences of running through the DWM, namely input lag. It does not beat exclusive full screen.

Also DWM + Gsync still has more framepacing issues vs Full screen and GPU usage will be few % higher.

Reason enough to utilize full screen optimization as it is basically a better full screen with the benefits of lowest possible input lag and sub <100ms alt+tab in and out of game ;-)

Aka best of both worlds, even fixes some games which previously had quirky full screen exclusive behavior.

Back