Install Chocolatey via PowerShell & software in post-setup

amr0d

I use Chocolatey (chocolatey.org) as my source of software installation and would like to know if it is possible to run a Powershell script to install chocolatey (and maybe the software I need) during the post setup. Normally you run the following command in Powershell to install Chocolatey

Code:
Set-ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Scope Process -Force; [System.Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = [System.Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol -bor 3072; iex ((New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://chocolatey.org/install.ps1'))

After that you can install software via the powershell with
Code:
choco install adobereader
for example.

You can even automatically confirm every installation aka silent install with
Code:
choco feature enable -n allowGlobalConfirmation
to skip the "Do you want to run the script?([Y]es/[A]ll - yes to all/[N]o/[P]rint):" during the installation.

So, my thoughts are to include three scripts:

1) Install Chocolatey
2) Allow auto-confirm every installation
3) Including the installation command for all the software I need

The problems I have so far are:
1) I have no clue how to write a powershell script (Can I simply put the code above in a file and save it as powershell script?)
2) Chocolatey needs to run in administrative shell to work. Is this somehow possible during post-setup?

Maybe you can point me in the right direction to make this work.

garlin

Staff member
Write a short batch script, ChocolateyInstall.bat. You need to add Chocolatey's path before calling it.
Code:
@echo off
powershell -NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Command "[System.Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = [System.Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol -bor 3072; iex ((New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://community.chocolatey.org/install.ps1'))"
set PATH=%PATH%;%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\chocolatey\bin

choco install adobereader -y

My preference would be not disabling confirmations, unless that's your command-line preference.

Windows 10 x64-2022-07-27-13-01-52.png