Notepad & Calc simple replacements

MacVap

Please advise for Win10/11. I can't find any SIMPLE ones. Requirements:

- Not to be connected in any way to Windows Store.
- To be simple (maybe an exe and some dlls), not big. Portable or very little dependent on the registry.
- Notepad: no sintax highlighting/macros or any similar complex stuff. Might have some additional functions, but very few. Good if can be installed as Windows Notepad's replacement, but not a must.
- Notepad: maybe similar to Windows 7's Notepad, but additionally two things should work: double clicking a word should not select the space after it, and ctrl-del should delete the word under the cursor, not everything until the end of line (same for ctrl+backspace).
- Calc: it can be same as Windows 7's, no additional functions needed. Can I transplant it from there? Maybe in its own directory? Which additional files are needed? I know there is Win8's Calc packaged on WinAero or somewhere, I don't want that.

Thanks.

w7 calc works on w10 1809, calc.exe + calc.exe.mui, i put them in program files, it runs no fuss. w7 task manager and snipping tool work on 1809 too. Notepad2/Notepad2-Mod, installers and portable.

You must maintain the correct folder structure to transplant to another os, i use w7 en-us
C:\Windows\System32\taskmgr.exe
C:\Windows\System32\en-US\taskmgr.exe.mui

when i transplant TM i use
C:\Program Files\TaskManager\taskmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\TaskManager\en-US\taskmgr.exe.mui

and it works perfectly :)

for other languages swap the en-us folder for whatever you use.

Last edited:
Back