SetupComplete.cmd Has Duplicated Lines Which Can Cause Hanging at "Just a Moment"

preiner

I have found that ntlite appears to be generating duplicate lines for some commands in the setupcomplete.cmd script.
Reproducing this is a bit weird. This doesnt happen every time. I think it occurs when there are more than 16 or so lines in the post-setup machine step.
When it does occur, recreating the image with the same XML preset will duplicate the issue every time.

I have posted the preset.xml file, ntlite.log and the setupcomplete.cmd file. Lines 12-13 and 18-19 are duplicates.

The XML preset file appears fine. I cant find any duplicates in it. I think this may be a bug in the script generation logic\

(Note: setupcomplete.cmd is renamed setupcomplete.cmd.txt in order to upload)

Attachments

• Auto-saved e7a09824.xml
    61.8 KB
  • NTLite.log
    166 KB
  • SetupComplete.cmd.txt
    1.6 KB
My experience is if you reload a previously edited image with a saved SetupComplete, NTLite can get weird reloading lines. This includes duplicated lines as as soon as you start editing. I just open the XML, and manually add my new lines.

I have seen that behavior too.
This issue is different. If you take the enclosed xml file (which doesnt have duplicates) and you load an image from an original iso, you will get SOME duplicated lines.

Its a bit bizarre. I cant find a workaround. My setup always ends up stuck at "just a moment" message.

"DOS" commands need to be invoked as "cmd /c command" since they only exist inside CMD.
Code:
cmd /c rd %WINDIR%\Perflogs /s /q

If you're not sure what's considered a built-in command, use where.
Code:
C:\Users\GARLIN>where dism
C:\Windows\System32\Dism.exe

C:\Users\GARLIN>where dir
INFO: Could not find files for the given pattern(s).

C:\Users\GARLIN>where copy
INFO: Could not find files for the given pattern(s).

I initially considered that a possibility, however for whatever reason, RD works fine without invoking a command processor and removing the line does not fix the duplicate lines issue.

I think the hanging issue is that setup will wait for every step to complete before proceeding with the next step. I think that "reg add" (for example) works the first time its invoked, but waits on user confirmation (because key exists) if the line is duplicated. When i added /f that removed the hang

That shouldnt have been needed since the key was not present initially but I thought the issue was solved.

However when I added another line to post machine steps, a different line was now duplicated and I had to chase down that issue.

I have now ensured no lines will ever wait on user input so the hanging part is gone, but I checking the cmd file, I always have duplicated lines.

I know it's a bit anecdotal, but I also did experience this a few days ago (I've created 21 versions of my iso in the last week). 1 out of 21 images just refused to compete installing and I tried it twice on 2 machines, at this point, I had to unload my progress image and start from an iso a few versions back. I have no contribution as to the cause unfortunately.

Back