Updating a Mounted Image / VC++ Redist 2010

OP96

Hello,
is it possible to get the Updates from a Mounter Image. I want to have all the Updates from Windows 8.1 Pro but it is Mountet not Live. Is it even Possible or i need to fill the Update Catogry Manualy?

-

Someone know how to install C++ Redist 2010 in Silent Mode? With the Normal exe File from Microsoft the Installation Stops at the License Agreement. If i Unzip the Exe and try it with the MSI i get the Error Message, that the MSI is missing the cab File. With the Parameters /qn /quiet etc. it doesn't work, he always stops at the License Agreement.

Thanks for you Help!

C:\vcredist_x64.exe /q /norestart works. For other silent installers. I would have thought all C++ installers use the same switches but best check the link just incase. You may find this topic helpful.

MSU extracted Updates are here C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution in cab files unless you have cleaned it out.

Last edited:
Thanks, do you know who to move some Files? For example if i add a License File that he moves the file in the right folder?

with the Parameter move it doesn't work.

best Regards.

You can use the $OEM$ method but it only works on certain folders. You are new to this so tell me exactly where you want to create this(or these) folders, give me the full folder paths including the name of the target folder itself- example - C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v3.5,

I dont know but i have tons of $OEM$ information and can try it on a test install so i will be able to give you Yes or No answers within a hour or 2.

Easy. I have created the folder structure for you. Extract the 7z file. You must place the $OEM$ folder inside the Sources folder of your extracted iso. Replace example.txt with the file you want. :)

C++ redist requires the following switches

vcredist_x86_2010.exe /passive /norestart
vcredist_x64_2010.exe /passive /norestart

Someone know how to install C++ Redist 2010 in Silent Mode? With the Normal exe File from Microsoft the Installation Stops at the License Agreement. If i Unzip the Exe and try it with the MSI i get the Error Message, that the MSI is missing the cab File. With the Parameters /qn /quiet etc. it doesn't work, he always stops at the License Agreement.

Try abbodi86's repack:
https://repacks.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=247

Once downloaded, you can rename it to VBCRedist.exe and run with the switch /? from the command line.

For the fonts to work, i'm not sure but i think they need to be registered in Windows' registry, not as with early Windows versions where you just dropped in the Fonts folder and that's it.

Easy. I have created the folder structure for you. Extract the 7z file. You must place the $OEM$ folder inside the Sources folder of your extracted iso. Replace example.txt with the file you want. :)

Perfekt, Thanks :) does it Work with the Programm Folder too? Because i have a License File that needs to move in the right folder.

Perfekt, Thanks :) does it Work with the Programm Folder too? Because i have a License File that needs to move in the right folder.
Using $OEM$\$1 works for everything:
$OEM$\$1\programdata
$OEM$\$1\program files (x86) (when the source's architecture is 64 bits)
$OEM$\$1\program files
$OEM$\$1\users

When it doesn't works:
When the directory/files are pointing to a link.

Now i have the Problem, that the Installations is Crashing. The normal Windows Installation Works and the Installation Restart, I get the Error that Windows isn't able to Read the autounattend.xml and Stops the Installation. Where is the Problem?

I changed from UEFI to MBR and Changed and the Partions with the Wizard. Createt them with the Default Values and now i get the Error that the Installation from Windows isn't able to create the Partions...

1.- When the computer is set to UEFI the drive type must be set to GPT.
2.- When the computer is set to BIOS/Compatible/Legacy the drive type must be set to MBR.

When in NTLite the drive partitioning is set to UEFI/GPT type, check the first.
When in NTLite the drive partitioning is set to MBR type, check the second.

Thanks yes that was problem, but why the autounattende works with Legecy Mode and not with UEFI?

Edit: Still doesn't work. He install all the Software and after that i get the Error:
Windows could not parse or process the unattend answer file for pass [specialize]. The settings specified in the answer file cannot be applied. The error was detected while processing settings for component [Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup].

Last edited:
Back