[W7SP1] The latest SSU cannot be integrated (KB4516655)

Matrix180

Hi,
The Servicing Stack Update of September (KB4516655) cannot be integrated in the Windows 7 SP1 original image (x86 Ultimate).
It is ignored.

NTLite 1.8.0.7115:

NTLite_SSU.jpg

Log:
Error 0x80092004 '[8196]' KB4516655 - Servicing Stack Update

There is also the same error for the last cumulative update (KB4516065 2019-09).
Error 0x80092004 '[8196]' KB4516065
NTLite_CU.jpg

Thank you for help.

Last edited:

nuhi

NTLite developer
Staff member
Hi,

thanks for the notice.
Seems like the new KB4474419 SHA-2 update is needed before that servicing stack.
I'll correct the tool and release an updated version, until then please integrate that KB first with Apply - Save Stop, then reload and continue as planned with all at once.

Let me know if that helped.

ege914

Hi,

thanks for the notice.
Seems like the new KB4474419 SHA-2 update is needed before that servicing stack.
I'll correct the tool and release an updated version, until then please integrate that KB first with Apply - Save Stop, then reload and continue as planned with all at once.

waiting for fix too i hope today

Matrix180

I've tried that.
Integrating KB4474419 (v3) first does not fix the issue.

Matrix180

It works if I add the previous SSU (KB4490628) before KB4516655.
This should not be necessary since Microsoft says that KB4516655 supersedes KB4490628.

NTLite_SSU_OK.jpg

Last edited:

nuhi

NTLite developer
Staff member
I've tried that.
Integrating KB4474419 (v3) first does not fix the issue.
Fixed version uploaded, please try now with just adding all online updates at once.
In my tests just the latest and that old old servicing stacks were needed, not 3.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Matrix180

Fixed version uploaded, please try now with just adding all online updates at once.
In my tests just the latest and that old old servicing stacks were needed, not 3.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks.
As I said above, integrating KB4474419 first does NOT fix the issue. So there is no change with the new version (7120).
One (temporary) solution is to add the previous superseded SSU (KB4490628) as said here.

Last edited:

nuhi

NTLite developer
Staff member
As I said above, integrating KB4474419 first does NOT fix the issue. So there is no change with the new version (7120).
One (temporary) solution is to add the previous superseded SSU (KB4490628) as said here.
Thanks for insisting, my mistake was that in the update cache folder I had KB4490628 and when selecting 2 servicing stacks during the testing I thought I'm selecting the old KB2533552.

That said, point of the build 7120 was to correctly move SHA2 update to the top as otherwise it would still not work.
Update list updated with KB4490628 being back, now it should all work with the latest version only.

Thanks everyone for reporting.

nuhi

NTLite developer
Staff member
Am I doing something wrong?
Hm there is not much to it, you cannot do anything wrong, so let's see what went wrong.

I have now retested it on a fresh Win7 SP1 ISO and it went fine.

Try these:
- Make sure to Verify the update list, you'll see the button on the right of the Updates Downloader window
All should be green after verify
- Make sure to start with a fresh unedited ISO
- Reboot if you haven't, make sure that there is enough free space on the temp/scratch locations (File - Settings, leave on default if it is)
- if it still fails, please upload %temp%\ntlite_dism.log and %temp%\ntlite.log

Thanks.

toomuchpie

Thanks. It ended up being me doing something stupid. For some reason, I renamed that one update after adding that update to NTLite.

Just a one more question about this whole thing:
Is this KB4516655 issue considered resolved, or will there be a future version of NTLite that will allow us to integrate it without having superseded KB4490628 required as well? I'm not sure if this is a bug or a Microsoft documentation error at this point.