install

1. S

Install Firefox as default browser, Pin to Start Menu & Taskbar, and Install uBlock Origin [W11]

Download Firefox and install through post-setup tab with parameter /S Go to registry tab and add firefox.reg (look inside the file to see what it does) Go to image tab → Right click mounted image → Explore mount directory: Put LayoutModification.xml inside...
  2. Hellbovine

Suggestion: Update Redundancy

Update: August 23rd, 2023 (Unresolved) Summary: Inexperienced users are downloading all available Windows Updates through NTLite, rather than curating a proper list. MORE INFORMATION
  3. Hellbovine

Bug: Template Settings Error

Update: August 23rd, 2023 (Unresolved) Summary: Installing either the "Lite" or "Not recommended" template always results in an error message coming from the bottom right corner of the taskbar, as soon as task scheduler starts to run for the first time. I do not recall if the error happened on...
  4. Hellbovine

Discussion: Reserved Storage

I read a number of articles recently on "Reserved Storage" which was introduced in Windows 10 a few years ago. I was still left with some questions though, and so I want to ask everyone that has been disabling it, have you noticed any issues besides the obvious problem you would run into if you...
  5. Hellbovine

Bug: Logon Animations

Update: August 23rd, 2023 (Unresolved) Summary: Using the NTLite templates to create an image and do a clean install of Windows, right before you reach the desktop after Windows Setup finishes, it tends to hang for a few minutes at a black screen, but will eventually progress. This is...
  6. T

I need help installing Windows 8.1 on my modern laptop

hello i am trying to install windows 8.1 using a ntlite iso i made on my modern laptop but my bios has no legacy boot option here is my laptop specs just if anyone else has the same problem or knows how to do it stone cloudbook inel celeron N4120 4GB RAM insyde H20 bios latest supported version...
  7. Hellbovine

Bug: Image Size

Update: August 23rd, 2023 (Unresolved) Summary: Creating an image using only a few edits makes the disk space grow substantially, when it should be shrinking. MORE INFORMATION
  8. F

Install through PXE doesn't run as set in NTLite

Hello everyone, I made my own Windows Image thanks to the NTLite Software, I chose to pass all the unnecessary steps of the install (Language, Region, Keyboard Language Input, pass the CLUF and others steps) to make it easier to install with only putting the name of the user and install...
  9. Hellbovine

Guide: Installing Windows

This guide walks users through the process of how to install Windows, as well as drivers, firmware, and other important aspects. It was created using Windows 10, but applies to others too. There are going to be a few places where the reader will need to do a little bit of their own research due...
  10. Hellbovine

Guide: Pause Windows Updates

This guide explains how to pause Windows Update for any amount of time, and prevent the operating system from performing other related automatic updating without consent. The benefit of this guide's approach, is that it does not break anything and is a safe and official method, how Microsoft...
  11. Hellbovine

Discussion: USB Fails to Boot

I tried to boot to my USB stick to install Windows and it acts like it's about to boot into the USB drive to load Windows Setup, but the screen boots back into Windows and brings me to the desktop instead. I thought my tweaks were the problem, except I then tried an unmodified Windows 10 21H2...
  12. 2

How the H$#% do you install Windows Hello??

For heavens sakes can someone please tell me how to add windows hello for fingerprint scanner to a windows 10 build. This is seriously pissing me off there is absolutely nothing anywhere on the entire internet in the entire world that has one single mention abut doing this. I don't even...
Back