I need help installing Windows 8.1 on my modern laptop

TUY

hello i am trying to install windows 8.1 using a ntlite iso i made on my modern laptop but my bios has no legacy boot option
here is my laptop specs just if anyone else has the same problem or knows how to do it

stone cloudbook
inel celeron N4120
4GB RAM
insyde H20 bios latest supported version

and i couldn't find anything on stone or insydes sites

The first problem is finding 8.1 USB drivers for this PC. There's no specific chipset details in the manufacturer's site (probably because it's an entry model). If you can't find out, try booting W11 to report what's onboard.

Even with 8.1, 4GB RAM and eMMC will be unbearably slow.

The first problem is finding 8.1 USB drivers for this PC.
8.1 has inbox usb3 drivers, that may be the least of his problems,

Windows Update may be blocked on this cpu.
Very few if any display chipset storage and laptop specific hardware drivers.
Mainboard may be locked to w10 only - this is common i believe.

i give TUY little to zero chance of getting 8.1 installed with all the required drivers needed. I wouldnt even try it on this machine.

Last edited:
If w7 can install in uefi mode then 8.1 can, try Rufus and toggle its setting. If you manage to get 8.1 on there try Snappy Driver Installer, it may have the drivers you need.

If w7 can install in uefi mode then 8.1 can, try Rufus and toggle its setting. If you manage to get 8.1 on there try Snappy Driver Installer, it may have the drivers you need.
8.1 has inbox usb3 drivers, that may be the least of his problems,

Windows Update may be blocked on this cpu.
Very few if any display chipset storage and laptop specific hardware drivers.
Mainboard may be locked to w10 only - this is common i believe.

i give TUY little to zero chance of getting 8.1 installed with all the required drivers needed. I wouldnt even try it on this machine.
I'm thinking the same i don't think I can run windows 8.1 on my laptop as the pc manufacturer is so unknown and there's no available drivers im probably just gonna give up for a awhile until there will be a way

Give it a try today(tomorrow whatever) to see if its possible but if it isnt then you can move on.

Back