'[13] The data is invalid' - Win 10 1709 host issue

Reaper

i keep getting "File currently busy or access is denied. [13] The data is invalid C;\Users\Anthony\AppData\Local\Temp\WimTemp01\install.wim "

Ive tried everything the forums have said to do Reset pc , Delete mounts , Fresh os download, Reinstalled ntlite, i have no antivirus software, and changed the temp folder, i even turned on safe mode and still nothing.
ive created a custom iso with ntlite the day before and it was fine just wanted to create one for windows 10 2009 last night and all this started. Im on windows 10 1709.
Below is a imgur of what i did and the Errors im getting.

Attachments

• NTLite.log
    14.7 KB
  • NTLite.dmp
    241.7 KB
This is something rare, but lately I've been getting the same report more and more, so let's find out what it could be.

These are the things I know so far, in one case it was the OS:
In another the image:

Anyone else with more info on how to replicate this, is it a Windows bug, was it fixed with latest cumulative updates, is it a corrupted image?
NTLite doesn't influence middle of export, unless it took hold of some file earlier and haven't closed the handle, just an idea, no actual proof of that.

Also maybe the ESD conversion had an error, might be worth recreating the image from the downloaded ISO again.

And make sure the temporary directory is not RAM drive, while debugging - sometimes they get full even before they actually are.
For example if you don't activate Windows, OS is actually silently limited to 16GB of RAM.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Good morning,
Having had the same problem and tried the solutions mentioned above without success, I discovered that for my part the problem came from TakeOwnership Pro which I used to change user images.
To save time browsing folders where images are located (ProgramData/Microsoft/User Account Pictures), I selected the complete "ProgramData" folder, which I think must have been a problem, because by selecting the "ProgramData" folder, I applied TakeOwneship on all other folders and subfolders. Now by applying it only to the "User Account Pictures" folder I no longer have the problem. Hope this helps other folks ! (Sorry for my english)

I think I had that error once. what I did was manually deleted the contents of the temp folder in ( C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp) , then I rebooted the system. I did also temporarily pause AV while creating the image.

Back